Re: Omnipresent "conversation with timed out while sending message body)"

  • Andrew T. Robinson
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2009
      Wietse Venema wrote:
      > Andrew T. Robinson:
      >
      >> delay=2005, delays=1283/0/361/361, dsn=4.4.2, status=deferred
      >> delay=5004, delays=4283/0.01/361/361, dsn=4.4.2, status=deferred
      >> delay=7283, delays=6561/0.01/361/361, dsn=4.4.2, status=deferred
      >>

      > I these numbers aren't "modified for privacy reasons", Google is
      > tarpitting your machine with 360s (6 min) delays. Ask them why.
      Possibly Google has throttled me because there about 10-15 attempts to
      send the same message in the queue, and I kept issuing postqueue -f.
      The outgoing relay public address isn't in any RBLs and I've yet to find
      a mechanism to inquire with Google as to whether my domain, IP
      address(es), or host name(s) are being inhibited for some reason. I
      know it's not your job to tell me how to "ask them why," but if you know
      I'd love to hear it. Gmail is not the only sink where this is
      happening. The problem is very phase-of-moon and I've yet to discern a
      pattern.