Re: reject_sender_login_mismatch doc

  • /dev/rob0
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1 8:42 AM
      On Saturday 01 August 2009 10:15:08 johnea wrote:
      > The postfix documentation regarding reject_sender_login_mismatch:
      >
      > http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#reject_sender_login_mismatch
      > or maybe in here:
      > http://www.postfix.org/SMTPD_ACCESS_README.html
      >
      > Specifically the reject_authenticated_* and reject_unauthenticated_*
      > forms, would greatly benefit from this small snippet from the mailing
      > list archives:
      >
      > http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2009-01/0523.html

      I just looked for this feature in the past couple of days, and the
      first place I looked was in SASL_README. I found it in the credits at
      the bottom, but that was the only place.

      It's a SASL-specific feature, it's a FAQ on the list, so I would
      suggest inclusion in the SASL_README.

      Note, I am not commenting on Mouss' original text, since I have never
      needed to implement sender mismatch features. My comment is merely
      regarding a perceived need for this in said README.
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1 9:06 AM
        /dev/rob0 a écrit :
        > On Saturday 01 August 2009 10:15:08 johnea wrote:
        >> The postfix documentation regarding reject_sender_login_mismatch:
        >>
        >> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#reject_sender_login_mismatch
        >> or maybe in here:
        >> http://www.postfix.org/SMTPD_ACCESS_README.html
        >>
        >> Specifically the reject_authenticated_* and reject_unauthenticated_*
        >> forms, would greatly benefit from this small snippet from the mailing
        >> list archives:
        >>
        >> http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2009-01/0523.html
        >
        > I just looked for this feature in the past couple of days, and the
        > first place I looked was in SASL_README. I found it in the credits at
        > the bottom, but that was the only place.
        >
        > It's a SASL-specific feature, it's a FAQ on the list, so I would
        > suggest inclusion in the SASL_README.
        >
        > Note, I am not commenting on Mouss' original text, since I have never
        > needed to implement sender mismatch features. My comment is merely
        > regarding a perceived need for this in said README.

        I played with the various configs just to see how I could put most of
        the config in mysql. Otherwise, reject_sender_login_mismatch is probably
        enough for most cases.