Re: Blocking Hotmail

  • Benny Pedersen
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 31, 2009
      On Thu, July 30, 2009 16:50, Rodman Frowert wrote:
      > I wish there was a message board on the Postfix main site instead of JUST
      > the mailing list. Would making find things that are asked a lot quite
      > easier. Some of the mailing list archives don't have search functions...

      reject spf softfail, fail, neotral aswell
      on spf pass check sender in squirrelmail addressbook is known if yes accept
      else reject, how to make it work is up to others

      for yahoo i check it with postfwd to match if client_name match sender_domain, if not reject

      lack of spf force me to this :)

      --
      xpoint
    • Robert Schetterer
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2009
        Benny Pedersen schrieb:
        > On Thu, July 30, 2009 16:50, Rodman Frowert wrote:
        >> I wish there was a message board on the Postfix main site instead of JUST
        >> the mailing list. Would making find things that are asked a lot quite
        >> easier. Some of the mailing list archives don't have search functions...
        >
        > reject spf softfail, fail, neotral aswell
        > on spf pass check sender in squirrelmail addressbook is known if yes accept
        > else reject, how to make it work is up to others
        >
        > for yahoo i check it with postfwd to match if client_name match sender_domain, if not reject
        >
        > lack of spf force me to this :)

        you can do it also i.e like this
        or simular, there is a english description
        in www which describes a few equal ways with smtpd_restriction_classes,
        sorry couldnt find the url, i have also some kind of it in my setup
        which works well since years

        this is from
        http://chains.ch/docs/postfix-UCE-HOWTO-de.html
        which shows the general way for using ( havent controlled it deeply )

        smtpd_restriction_classes =
        freemail_hotmail
        freemail_msn
        freemail_yahoo

        freemail_hotmail =
        check_client_access pcre:/etc/postfix/maps/freemail_hotmail

        freemail_msn =
        check_client_access pcre:/etc/postfix/maps/freemail_msn

        freemail_yahoo =
        check_client_access pcre:/etc/postfix/maps/freemail_yahoo

        /etc/postfix/maps/freemail_check

        hotmail.com freemail_hotmail
        msn.com freemail_msn
        yahoo.com freemail_yahoo

        smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
        [..]
        check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/maps/freemail_check,
        [..]

        /(^|\.)provider\.tld$/ DUNNO
        /./ REJECT You claim to be from
        provider.tld but your mail didn't come from a provider.tld server.

        --
        Best Regards

        MfG Robert Schetterer

        Germany/Munich/Bavaria