Re: Directory Harvest

    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 30, 2009
      Roman Gelfand wrote:
      > This is excellent. If you have other non-content spam filtering
      > suggestion, I would greatly appreciate it.

      You post in HTML, and you top-post. Please observe list
      etiquette if you want further answers.

      As someone else already pointed out, the client also used a
      unqualified HELO command.

      The logs are nearly impossible to read due to your inability
      to press the "plain text" gmail button, but this snippit;

      > proto=SMTP helo=<WIVANTR>

      illustrates the issue.

      You can reject this with reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname. See:
      http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname
      This seems fairly safe to use.

      Caution: all these restrictions have at least some possibility
      to reject wanted mail. Keep an eye on your logs to make sure
      you don't reject stuff you want, test out restrictions for a
      while with "warn_if_reject ..." to log but not reject matching
      entries.