Re: Server identifies itself using internal domain name

  • Jonathan Turkanis
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
      Brian Evans - Postfix List wrote:

      >> In the future, when I install postfix, will the correct symlinks be
      >> created for me, if sendmail is not present, or is this something I
      >> have to do manually? (I am using a an RPM from CentOS extras compiled
      >> with MySQL support).
      >
      > This is a distribution question than a Postfix issue.
      > A quick Google of "alternatives mta" should give some pointers.

      Thanks. I certainly didn't mean to ask for CentOS support here.

      Can I infer from your answer that there is defintely not a standard way
      to address this issue on all systems?

      Best Regards,

      --
      Jonathan Turkanis
      CodeRage
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 2, 2009
        Jonathan Turkanis wrote:
        > Brian Evans - Postfix List wrote:
        >
        >>> In the future, when I install postfix, will the correct symlinks be
        >>> created for me, if sendmail is not present, or is this something I
        >>> have to do manually? (I am using a an RPM from CentOS extras compiled
        >>> with MySQL support).
        >>
        >> This is a distribution question than a Postfix issue. A quick Google
        >> of "alternatives mta" should give some pointers.
        >
        > Thanks. I certainly didn't mean to ask for CentOS support here.
        >
        > Can I infer from your answer that there is defintely not a standard
        > way to address this issue on all systems?
        >
        > Best Regards,

        I have not used Centos in a while, but I think there is a command
        "system-switch-mail" that will switch you between sendmail and Postfix
        and vice versa.
        It might help.