Re: proving that smtpd.conf is being read

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 29, 2009
      On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 03:20:02PM -0500, Jay G. Scott wrote:

      > > To configure the location of the Cyrus config file for smtpd, use:
      > >
      > > cyrus_sasl_config_path = /some/path/etc
      >
      > that didn't work for me, FWIW. trussing the postfix daemons
      > showed me where it was looking for the file, so i
      > appeased it and put the file there.
      >
      > thanks. i'm satisified w/ my workaround, and not curious
      > enough to pursue why the cyrus_... didn't work.

      The cyrus_sasl_config_path directive works with:

      - Postfix 2.5 and later when compiled with Cyrus SASL 2.1.22 or later

      http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#cyrus_sasl_config_path if either
      condition is not met, then you have to use other methods. If you have
      Postfix 2.5 or later *and* Cyrus 2.1.22 or later, and Postfix is compiled
      against the right Cyrus header files, it should work as documented.