Re: Header Checks: PREPEND

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2009
      On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 05:36:13PM -0700, Michael Nguyen wrote:

      > main.cf:
      > smtpd_data_restrictions =
      > check_recipient_access regexp:/etc/postfix/header-checks
      >
      > header-checks
      > /^(.*)/ PREPEND X-SA-DELIVERED-TO: <$1>

      This is not a header check, it is access(5) envelope check that prepends
      a header. Given the *data* restrictions cotext, this check will only
      fire for messages with a single recipient.

      > The idea being that if michaeln-postfix@... was used in RCPT TO,
      > they'd see:

      Now not recording more recipients in headers is reasonable, since
      otherwise you break Bcc confidentiality. This said, if there is just
      one recipient, Postfix already records it in the Received header, so
      the whole thing is a waste of time.

      > The problem is that this doesn't seem to work on BCC emails and I'm not
      > certain why. I'm using Postfix 2.2.0. Any ideas?

      Yes, stop doing what you are doing, and build something to extract data
      from your logs.