Re: Brasil is adopting submission protocol

  • Miguel Da Silva - CMat
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 1, 2009
      Good news.
      --
      Miguel Da Silva
      Administrador Júnior de Sistemas Unix
      Centro de Matemática - http://www.cmat.edu.uy
      Facultad de Ciencias - http://www.fcien.edu.uy
      Universidad de la República - http://www.rau.edu.uy

      On Mon, 1 Jun 2009, Deives Michellis wrote:

      > The government has nothing to do with it. Its NOT any law or mandate, just the big email players are taking a second look in their infrastructure and adopting better server configuration, such as domain keys, spf, and such.
      >
      > Deives
      >
      > ---
      >
      > BOFH excuse #383 - The cause of the problem is: Your processor has taken a ride to Heaven's Gate on the UFO behind Hale-Bopp's comet.
      >
      > Em um de seus raros momentos sobrios, LuKreme <kremels@...> comentou em Sat, 30/05/2009, 18:33h:
      >> On 30-May-2009, at 04:37, Gerard wrote:
      >>
      >>> Sorry, but I am slightly confused. Are you implying that the Country
      >>> of
      >>> Brazil, aka the Federated Republic of Brazil, is mandating the use of
      >>> the submission protocol.
      >>
      >> I seriously doubt that. I read that to imply that the major player ISPs
      >> are now using submission to try to stem the flow of spam going through
      >> their servers. This is A Good Thing???
      >>

      >> --
      >> RTFM replies are great, but please specify exactly which FM to R

    • Gerard
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 1, 2009
        On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 10:39:31 -0300 (UYT)
        Miguel Da Silva - CMat <mdasilva@...> wrote:

        >Good news.

        [snip]

        Is there any possibility that Brazil might adopt an anti 'top posting'
        protocol also?

        --
        Gerard
        postfix.user@...

        An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile -- hoping that it will eat
        him last.

        Sir Winston Churchill, 1954
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 1, 2009
          Sadly, no.

          -- Noel Jones

          Gerard wrote:
          > On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 10:39:31 -0300 (UYT)
          > Miguel Da Silva - CMat <mdasilva@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Good news.
          >
          > [snip]
          >
          > Is there any possibility that Brazil might adopt an anti 'top posting'
          > protocol also?

        • LuKreme
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 1, 2009
            To be fair, their whole world is upside-down down there, so their top
            posting is really bottom posting!

            --
            Q how do you titillate an ocelot?
            A you oscillate its tit a lot.
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 1, 2009
              On Mon, 01 Jun 2009, LuKreme wrote:

              > To be fair, their whole world is upside-down down there, so their top
              > posting is really bottom posting!
              >
              > On 1-Jun-2009, at 09:43, Noel Jones wrote:
              >> Sadly, no.
              >>
              >> -- Noel Jones
              >>
              >> Gerard wrote:
              >>> [snip]
              >>> Is there any possibility that Brazil might adopt an anti 'top
              >>> posting'
              >>> protocol also?

              This was fun, but can we please close this thread? Thanks much.

              --
              Sahil Tandon <sahil@...>
            • Ricardo Campos Passanezi
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 2, 2009
                On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 09:40:41PM -0600, LuKreme wrote:
                > To be fair, their whole world is upside-down down there, so their top
                > posting is really bottom posting!
                >
                > On 1-Jun-2009, at 09:43, Noel Jones wrote:
                > > Sadly, no.
                > >
                > > -- Noel Jones
                > >
                > > Gerard wrote:
                > >> [snip]
                > >> Is there any possibility that Brazil might adopt an anti 'top
                > >> posting'
                > >> protocol also?
                > >

                > --
                > Q how do you titillate an ocelot?
                > A you oscillate its tit a lot.

                I'm sorry but that's not correct. I know there's a lot (and you can
                enforce the "a lot" here) people top-posting around here, but you're
                completely wrong.

                --
                Ricardo.