Re: Brasil is adopting submission protocol

  • Deives Michellis
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 1, 2009
      The government has nothing to do with it. Its NOT any law or mandate, just the big email players are taking a second look in their infrastructure and adopting better server configuration, such as domain keys, spf, and such.

      Deives

      ---

      BOFH excuse #383 - The cause of the problem is: Your processor has taken a ride to Heaven's Gate on the UFO behind Hale-Bopp's comet.

      Em um de seus raros momentos sobrios, LuKreme <kremels@...> comentou em Sat, 30/05/2009, 18:33h:
      > On 30-May-2009, at 04:37, Gerard wrote:
      >> On Sat, 30 May 2009 02:39:47 -0300
      >> Julio Cesar Covolato <julio@...> wrote:
      >>> I'm proud to inform you that Brasil is adopting the submission
      >>> protocol !! Its very good to ereryone!
      >
      >> Sorry, but I am slightly confused. Are you implying that the Country
      >> of
      >> Brazil, aka the Federated Republic of Brazil, is mandating the use of
      >> the submission protocol.
      >
      > I seriously doubt that. I read that to imply that the major player ISPs
      > are now using submission to try to stem the flow of spam going through
      > their servers. This is A Good Thing???
      >

      > --
      > RTFM replies are great, but please specify exactly which FM to R

    • Miguel Da Silva - CMat
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 1, 2009
        Good news.
        --
        Miguel Da Silva
        Administrador Júnior de Sistemas Unix

        On Mon, 1 Jun 2009, Deives Michellis wrote:

        > The government has nothing to do with it. Its NOT any law or mandate, just the big email players are taking a second look in their infrastructure and adopting better server configuration, such as domain keys, spf, and such.
        >
        > Deives
        >
        > ---
        >
        > BOFH excuse #383 - The cause of the problem is: Your processor has taken a ride to Heaven's Gate on the UFO behind Hale-Bopp's comet.
        >
        > Em um de seus raros momentos sobrios, LuKreme <kremels@...> comentou em Sat, 30/05/2009, 18:33h:
        >> On 30-May-2009, at 04:37, Gerard wrote:
        >>
        >>> Sorry, but I am slightly confused. Are you implying that the Country
        >>> of
        >>> Brazil, aka the Federated Republic of Brazil, is mandating the use of
        >>> the submission protocol.
        >>
        >> I seriously doubt that. I read that to imply that the major player ISPs
        >> are now using submission to try to stem the flow of spam going through
        >> their servers. This is A Good Thing???
        >>

        >> --
        >> RTFM replies are great, but please specify exactly which FM to R

      • Gerard
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 1, 2009
          On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 10:39:31 -0300 (UYT)
          Miguel Da Silva - CMat <mdasilva@...> wrote:

          >Good news.

          [snip]

          Is there any possibility that Brazil might adopt an anti 'top posting'
          protocol also?

          --
          Gerard
          postfix.user@...

          An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile -- hoping that it will eat
          him last.

          Sir Winston Churchill, 1954
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 1, 2009
            Sadly, no.

            -- Noel Jones

            Gerard wrote:
            > On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 10:39:31 -0300 (UYT)
            > Miguel Da Silva - CMat <mdasilva@...> wrote:
            >
            >> Good news.
            >
            > [snip]
            >
            > Is there any possibility that Brazil might adopt an anti 'top posting'
            > protocol also?

          • LuKreme
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 1, 2009
              To be fair, their whole world is upside-down down there, so their top
              posting is really bottom posting!

              --
              Q how do you titillate an ocelot?
              A you oscillate its tit a lot.
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 1, 2009
                On Mon, 01 Jun 2009, LuKreme wrote:

                > To be fair, their whole world is upside-down down there, so their top
                > posting is really bottom posting!
                >
                > On 1-Jun-2009, at 09:43, Noel Jones wrote:
                >> Sadly, no.
                >>
                >> -- Noel Jones
                >>
                >> Gerard wrote:
                >>> [snip]
                >>> Is there any possibility that Brazil might adopt an anti 'top
                >>> posting'
                >>> protocol also?

                This was fun, but can we please close this thread? Thanks much.

                --
                Sahil Tandon <sahil@...>
              • Ricardo Campos Passanezi
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 2, 2009
                  On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 09:40:41PM -0600, LuKreme wrote:
                  > To be fair, their whole world is upside-down down there, so their top
                  > posting is really bottom posting!
                  >
                  > On 1-Jun-2009, at 09:43, Noel Jones wrote:
                  > > Sadly, no.
                  > >
                  > > -- Noel Jones
                  > >
                  > > Gerard wrote:
                  > >> [snip]
                  > >> Is there any possibility that Brazil might adopt an anti 'top
                  > >> posting'
                  > >> protocol also?
                  > >

                  > --
                  > Q how do you titillate an ocelot?
                  > A you oscillate its tit a lot.

                  I'm sorry but that's not correct. I know there's a lot (and you can
                  enforce the "a lot" here) people top-posting around here, but you're
                  completely wrong.

                  --
                  Ricardo.