Vacation messages

  • Webmaster Bliss Corporation
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2009
      Greetings,

      I need to configure my system to send vacation messages on a per-user
      basis. My system is configured as follows:

      Operating System: Linux 2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686 #1 SMP Mon Aug 4 14:08:11
      EDT 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
      Postfix: postfix-2.5.5-1.fc9.i386
      Procmail: procmail-3.22-21.fc9.i386
      Dovecot: dovecot-1.0.15-14.fc9.i386
      Webmail: RoundCube Webmail

      Postfix is configured to handle virtual domains and virtual users. I
      found these instructions which work good for auto-replies:
      http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_README.html
      The problem is that my boss wants the vacation message to work with
      custom messages for each user, while this system works system-wide. Is
      there any way to configure an user-lever vacation message?

      Thank you.

      Stefano
    • LuKreme
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2009
        On 1-Jun-2009, at 02:18, Webmaster Bliss Corporation wrote:
        > I need to configure my system to send vacation messages on a per-
        > user basis. My system is configured as follows:

        this is not a postfix-related issue.

        <http://tr.im/n1g2>

        --
        Can I tell you the truth? I mean this isn't like TV news, is it?
      • Sahil Tandon
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2009
          On Mon, 01 Jun 2009, Webmaster Bliss Corporation wrote:

          > I need to configure my system to send vacation messages on a per-user
          > basis. My system is configured as follows:
          >
          > Operating System: Linux 2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686 #1 SMP Mon Aug 4 14:08:11
          > EDT 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
          > Postfix: postfix-2.5.5-1.fc9.i386
          > Procmail: procmail-3.22-21.fc9.i386
          > Dovecot: dovecot-1.0.15-14.fc9.i386
          > Webmail: RoundCube Webmail
          >
          > Postfix is configured to handle virtual domains and virtual users. I
          > found these instructions which work good for auto-replies:
          > http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_README.html
          > The problem is that my boss wants the vacation message to work with
          > custom messages for each user, while this system works system-wide. Is
          > there any way to configure an user-lever vacation message?

          You might consider using Dovecot's LDA to deliver mail to users; then, you
          could easily integrate sieve functionality for per-user vacation
          functionality along with other features.

          --
          Sahil Tandon <sahil@...>