Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: mails staying in mailq

Expand Messages
  • Sahil Tandon
    ... Show relevant output of the mailq command. ... Show logs associated with one of the mails that is stubbornly stuck in the queue. -- Sahil Tandon
    Message 1 of 15 , May 30 11:18 AM
    • 0 Attachment
      On Sun, 31 May 2009, Javier wrote:

      > I'm trying to set up a SMTP postfix server to send emails to outside
      > of my network, however, mails keep staying in the mailq, i tried to
      > force it but i get nothing...

      Show relevant output of the mailq command.

      > i don't like to post newbies questions, but i have really search all
      > over, i have looked all my logs and there's nothing on why postfix
      > doesn't send email outside...

      Show logs associated with one of the mails that is stubbornly stuck in the
      queue.

      --
      Sahil Tandon <sahil@...>
    • Javier
      hello, thank you for answering... im posting the outputs, however now im seeing a log of gmail refusing the connection... mailq -Queue ID- --Size-- ----Arrival
      Message 2 of 15 , May 30 11:37 AM
      • 0 Attachment
        hello,

        thank you for answering... im posting the outputs, however now im
        seeing a log of gmail refusing the connection...


        mailq
        -Queue ID- --Size-- ----Arrival Time---- -Sender/Recipient-------
        CB5B0F006E 1017 Sat May 30 00:43:22 prueba@domain
        (conversation with localhost[127.0.0.1] timed out while
        sending end of data -- message may be sent more than once)
        javier.rojasr en gmail punto com

        1B80CF005A 1015 Fri May 29 23:57:27 prueba@domain
        (connect to localhost[127.0.0.1]: read timeout)
        javier.rojasr en gmail punto com

        79689F006D 1015 Sat May 30 00:36:32 prueba@domain
        (connect to localhost[127.0.0.1]: read timeout)
        javier.rojasr en gmail punto com

        33899F006F 1020 Sat May 30 00:44:00 prueba@domain
        (connect to localhost[127.0.0.1]: read timeout)
        javier.rojasr en gmail punto com

        64E0CF0064 1250 Sat May 30 01:16:00 prueba@domain
        (connect to alt4.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[209.85.201.114]: Connection refused)
        javier.rojasr en gmail punto com


        tail -f /var/log/mail
        May 30 01:31:13 servidor postfix/smtp[31510]: 79689F006D:
        to=<javier.rojasr en gmail punto com>, relay=none, delay=3281,
        status=deferred (connect to localhost [127.0.0.1]: read timeout)
        May 30 01:31:13 server postfix/smtp[31511]: 33899F006F:
        to=<javier.rojasr en gmail punto com>, relay=none, delay=2833,
        status=deferred (connect to localhost [127.0.0.1]: read timeout)
        May 30 01:36:13 server postfix/smtp[31509]: CB5B0F006E:
        to=<javier.rojasr en gmail punto com>, relay=localhost [127.0.0.1],
        delay=3171, status=deferred (conversation with localhost[127.0.0.1]
        timed out while sending end of data -- message may be sent more than
        once)
        May 30 01:42:52 server postfix/qmgr[31119]: 64E0CF0064:
        from=<prueba@domain>, size=1250, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
        May 30 01:42:52 server postfix/smtp[31547]: connect to
        gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[74.125.93.27]: Connection refused (port 25)
        May 30 01:42:52 server postfix/smtp[31547]: connect to
        alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[74.125.79.114]: Connection refused
        (port 25)
        May 30 01:42:52 server postfix/smtp[31547]: connect to
        alt2.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[216.239.59.27]: Connection refused
        (port 25)
        May 30 01:42:52 server postfix/smtp[31547]: connect to
        alt3.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[74.125.47.114]: Connection refused
        (port 25)
        May 30 01:42:52 server postfix/smtp[31547]: connect to
        alt4.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[209.85.201.114]: Connection refused
        (port 25)
        May 30 01:42:52 server postfix/smtp[31547]: 64E0CF0064:
        to=<javier.rojasr en gmail punto com>, relay=none, delay=1612,
        status=deferred (connect to
        alt4.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[209.85.201.114]: Connection refused)

        On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 1:48 PM, Sahil Tandon <sahil@...> wrote:
        > On Sun, 31 May 2009, Javier wrote:
        >
        >> I'm trying to set up a SMTP postfix server to send emails to outside
        >> of my network, however, mails keep staying in the mailq, i tried to
        >> force it but i get nothing...
        >
        > Show relevant output of the mailq command.
        >
        >> i don't like to post newbies questions, but i have really search all
        >> over, i have looked all my logs and there's nothing on why postfix
        >> doesn't send email outside...
        >
        > Show logs associated with one of the mails that is stubbornly stuck in the
        > queue.
        >
        > --
        > Sahil Tandon <sahil@...>
        >



        --
        Ciao, Javier
        linux counter #393724
        GPG Key Fingerprint = 46B76CFEDB0161089D9ECB22FEFDE7EBA8C2007E
      • LuKreme
        ... I think that Date header is invalid, btw -- Try to realize it s all within yourself/No one else can make you change
        Message 3 of 15 , May 30 11:38 AM
        • 0 Attachment
          On 31-May-2009, at 13:21, Javier wrote:
          > Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 13:21:38 +1930


          I think that Date header is invalid, btw

          --
          Try to realize it's all within yourself/No one else can make you
          change
        • John Peach
          On Sat, 30 May 2009 12:38:59 -0600 ... why? It implies a timezone 19 1/2 hours ahead of GMT. Not impossible.... ... -- John
          Message 4 of 15 , May 30 11:53 AM
          • 0 Attachment
            On Sat, 30 May 2009 12:38:59 -0600
            LuKreme <kremels@...> wrote:

            > On 31-May-2009, at 13:21, Javier wrote:
            > > Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 13:21:38 +1930
            >
            >
            > I think that Date header is invalid, btw
            why? It implies a timezone 19 1/2 hours ahead of GMT. Not impossible....
            >


            --
            John
          • Victor Duchovni
            ... Actually, there is no such timezone, timezones range from GMT-1100 to GMT+1400, with some half-hour timezones here and there, but none east of GMT+1400.
            Message 5 of 15 , May 30 1:10 PM
            • 0 Attachment
              On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 02:53:53PM -0400, John Peach wrote:

              > > > Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 13:21:38 +1930
              > >
              > > I think that Date header is invalid, btw
              >
              > why? It implies a timezone 19 1/2 hours ahead of GMT. Not impossible....

              Actually, there is no such timezone, timezones range from GMT-1100 to GMT+1400,
              with some half-hour timezones here and there, but none east of GMT+1400.

              The weather in Kirimati is pleasant right now:

              http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=274

              --
              Viktor.

              Disclaimer: off-list followups get on-list replies or get ignored.
              Please do not ignore the "Reply-To" header.

              To unsubscribe from the postfix-users list, visit
              http://www.postfix.org/lists.html or click the link below:
              <mailto:majordomo@...?body=unsubscribe%20postfix-users>

              If my response solves your problem, the best way to thank me is to not
              send an "it worked, thanks" follow-up. If you must respond, please put
              "It worked, thanks" in the "Subject" so I can delete these quickly.
            • Wietse Venema
              ... It is equivalent to the time in the first Received: header, Received: by 10.151.69.6 with SMTP id w6mr7956116ybk.10.1243705898252; Sat, 30 May 2009
              Message 6 of 15 , May 30 1:13 PM
              • 0 Attachment
                LuKreme:
                > On 31-May-2009, at 13:21, Javier wrote:
                > > Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 13:21:38 +1930
                >
                >
                > I think that Date header is invalid, btw

                It is "equivalent" to the time in the first Received: header,

                Received: by 10.151.69.6 with SMTP id w6mr7956116ybk.10.1243705898252;
                Sat, 30 May 2009 10:51:38 -0700 (PDT)

                but I would have expected < 12 hour timezone offset (that is, something
                that looks like Sat, 30 May 2009 13:21:38 -0430).

                Wietse
              • Javier
                help please....:( ... -- Ciao, Javier linux counter #393724 GPG Key Fingerprint = 46B76CFEDB0161089D9ECB22FEFDE7EBA8C2007E
                Message 7 of 15 , May 30 1:16 PM
                • 0 Attachment
                  help please....:(

                  On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:
                  > LuKreme:
                  >> On 31-May-2009, at 13:21, Javier wrote:
                  >> > Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 13:21:38 +1930
                  >>
                  >>
                  >> I think that Date header is invalid, btw
                  >
                  > It is "equivalent" to the time in the first Received: header,
                  >
                  > Received: by 10.151.69.6 with SMTP id w6mr7956116ybk.10.1243705898252;
                  > Sat, 30 May 2009 10:51:38 -0700 (PDT)
                  >
                  > but I would have expected < 12 hour timezone offset (that is, something
                  > that looks like Sat, 30 May 2009 13:21:38 -0430).
                  >
                  > Wietse
                  >



                  --
                  Ciao, Javier
                  linux counter #393724
                  GPG Key Fingerprint = 46B76CFEDB0161089D9ECB22FEFDE7EBA8C2007E
                • Victor Duchovni
                  ... That could be Caracas Venezuela: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=58 For a long list of locations, from Midway to Kiritimati sorted by
                  Message 8 of 15 , May 30 1:21 PM
                  • 0 Attachment
                    On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 04:13:11PM -0400, Wietse Venema wrote:

                    > LuKreme:
                    > > On 31-May-2009, at 13:21, Javier wrote:
                    > > > Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 13:21:38 +1930
                    > >
                    > >
                    > > I think that Date header is invalid, btw
                    >
                    > It is "equivalent" to the time in the first Received: header,
                    >
                    > Received: by 10.151.69.6 with SMTP id w6mr7956116ybk.10.1243705898252;
                    > Sat, 30 May 2009 10:51:38 -0700 (PDT)
                    >
                    > but I would have expected < 12 hour timezone offset (that is, something
                    > that looks like Sat, 30 May 2009 13:21:38 -0430).

                    That could be Caracas Venezuela:

                    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=58

                    For a long list of locations, from Midway to Kiritimati sorted by timezone:

                    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/full.html?sort=2

                    --
                    Viktor.

                    Disclaimer: off-list followups get on-list replies or get ignored.
                    Please do not ignore the "Reply-To" header.

                    To unsubscribe from the postfix-users list, visit
                    http://www.postfix.org/lists.html or click the link below:
                    <mailto:majordomo@...?body=unsubscribe%20postfix-users>

                    If my response solves your problem, the best way to thank me is to not
                    send an "it worked, thanks" follow-up. If you must respond, please put
                    "It worked, thanks" in the "Subject" so I can delete these quickly.
                  • Wietse Venema
                    ... Do you have a content filter (in master.cf) on 127.0.0.1? It appears to not work. ... Something is blocking connections from your machine. I can connect to
                    Message 9 of 15 , May 30 1:31 PM
                    • 0 Attachment
                      Javier:
                      > May 30 01:31:13 servidor postfix/smtp[31510]: 79689F006D:
                      > to=<javier.rojasr en gmail punto com>, relay=none, delay=3281,
                      > status=deferred (connect to localhost [127.0.0.1]: read timeout)

                      Do you have a content filter (in master.cf) on 127.0.0.1?
                      It appears to not work.

                      > May 30 01:42:52 server postfix/qmgr[31119]: 64E0CF0064:
                      > from=<prueba@domain>, size=1250, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
                      > May 30 01:42:52 server postfix/smtp[31547]: connect to
                      > gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[74.125.93.27]: Connection refused (port 25)

                      Something is blocking connections from your machine. I can
                      connect to 74.125.93.27 just fine.

                      me| % telnet 74.125.93.27 smtp
                      computer| Trying 74.125.93.27...
                      computer| Connected to qw-in-f27.google.com.
                      computer| Escape character is '^]'.
                      computer| 220 mx.google.com ESMTP 4si1841347qwe.47
                      me| quit
                      computer| 221 2.0.0 closing connection 4si1841347qwe.47
                      computer| Connection closed by foreign host.

                      You need to find out if your ISP blocks all port 25 connections.
                      You can test with my mail server at 168.100.189.2.

                      Wietse
                    • Javier
                      hello, I had a problem with the resolution of my dns, however it is working fine know, i even got two emails sent to my gmail account... i didn t do nothing
                      Message 10 of 15 , May 30 1:45 PM
                      • 0 Attachment
                        hello,

                        I had a problem with the resolution of my dns, however it is working
                        fine know, i even got two emails sent to my gmail account...

                        i didn't do nothing else, and now i'm getting this error:


                        May 30 04:03:15 server postfix/smtp[6193]: A2AA4F005A:
                        to=<javier.rojasr at gmail dot com>, relay=none, delay=0,
                        status=bounced (Host or domain name not found. Name service error for
                        name=localhost type=AAAA: Host not found)

                        i searched on main.cf and this is all i have with localhost

                        content_filter= smtp:[localhost]:10025

                        mydestination=$myhostname, localhost, $mydomain,
                        ldap:/etc/postfix/ldapmydestination.cf

                        content_filter=
                        smtp=inet n - n - 100 smtpd -o
                        content_filter=smtp-amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024
                        relay=unix - - n - - smtp -o fallback_relay=
                        [localhost]:10025=inet n - n - -
                        smtpd -o content_filter=
                        maildrop=unix - n n - - pipe
                        flags=DRhu user=vmail argv=/usr/local/bin/maildrop -d ${recipient}
                        cyrus=unix - n n - - pipe user=cyrus
                        argv=/usr/lib/cyrus/bin/deliver -e -r ${sender} -m ${extension}
                        ${user}
                        uucp=unix - n n - - pipe flags=Fqhu
                        user=uucp argv=uux -r -n -z -a$sender - $nexthop!rmail ($recipient)
                        ifmail=unix - n n - - pipe flags=F
                        user=ftn argv=/usr/lib/ifmail/ifmail -r $nexthop ($recipient)
                        bsmtp=unix - n n - - pipe flags=Fq.
                        user=foo argv=/usr/local/sbin/bsmtp -f $sender $nexthop $recipient
                        procmail=unix - n n - - pipe flags=R
                        user=nobody argv=/usr/bin/procmail -t -m /etc/procmailrc ${sender}
                        ${recipient}

                        and in master.cf

                        #localhost:10025 inet n - n - - smtpd
                        -o content_filter=
                        scache unix - - n - 1 scache
                        localhost:10025 inet n - n - - smtpd
                        -o content_filter=
                        tlsmgr unix - - n 1000? 1 tlsmgr


                        should localhost be between [] in mater.cf too?

                        On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 4:01 PM, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:
                        > Javier:
                        >> May 30 01:31:13 servidor postfix/smtp[31510]: 79689F006D:
                        >> to=<javier.rojasr en gmail punto com>, relay=none, delay=3281,
                        >> status=deferred (connect to localhost [127.0.0.1]: read timeout)
                        >
                        > Do you have a content filter (in master.cf) on 127.0.0.1?
                        > It appears to not work.
                        >
                        >> May 30 01:42:52 server postfix/qmgr[31119]: 64E0CF0064:
                        >> from=<prueba@domain>, size=1250, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
                        >> May 30 01:42:52 server postfix/smtp[31547]: connect to
                        >> gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[74.125.93.27]: Connection refused (port 25)
                        >
                        > Something is blocking connections from your machine. I can
                        > connect to 74.125.93.27 just fine.
                        >
                        > me| % telnet 74.125.93.27 smtp
                        > computer| Trying 74.125.93.27...
                        > computer| Connected to qw-in-f27.google.com.
                        > computer| Escape character is '^]'.
                        > computer| 220 mx.google.com ESMTP 4si1841347qwe.47
                        > me| quit
                        > computer| 221 2.0.0 closing connection 4si1841347qwe.47
                        > computer| Connection closed by foreign host.
                        >
                        > You need to find out if your ISP blocks all port 25 connections.
                        > You can test with my mail server at 168.100.189.2.
                        >
                        > Wietse
                        >



                        --
                        Ciao, Javier
                        linux counter #393724
                        GPG Key Fingerprint = 46B76CFEDB0161089D9ECB22FEFDE7EBA8C2007E
                      • Wietse Venema
                        ... Someone edited main.cf, and set inet_protocols=all The default setting, inet_protocols=ipv4 prevents Postfix from doing AAAA lookups. ... Change that
                        Message 11 of 15 , May 30 2:02 PM
                        • 0 Attachment
                          Javier:
                          > hello,
                          >
                          > I had a problem with the resolution of my dns, however it is working
                          > fine know, i even got two emails sent to my gmail account...
                          >
                          > i didn't do nothing else, and now i'm getting this error:
                          >
                          >
                          > May 30 04:03:15 server postfix/smtp[6193]: A2AA4F005A:
                          > to=<javier.rojasr at gmail dot com>, relay=none, delay=0,
                          > status=bounced (Host or domain name not found. Name service error for
                          > name=localhost type=AAAA: Host not found)

                          Someone edited main.cf, and set

                          inet_protocols=all

                          The default setting, "inet_protocols=ipv4" prevents Postfix from
                          doing AAAA lookups.

                          > i searched on main.cf and this is all i have with localhost
                          >
                          > content_filter= smtp:[localhost]:10025

                          Change that into:

                          content_filter= smtp:[127.0.0.1]:10025

                          > and in master.cf
                          >
                          > #localhost:10025 inet n - n - - smtpd
                          > -o content_filter=
                          > scache unix - - n - 1 scache
                          > localhost:10025 inet n - n - - smtpd
                          > -o content_filter=
                          > tlsmgr unix - - n 1000? 1 tlsmgr
                          >
                          >
                          > should localhost be between [] in mater.cf too?

                          No. The [] syntax is needed to change DNS lookups in the Postfix
                          SMTP client.

                          Wietse
                        • Javier
                          ... I changed it to ipv4, as well as localhost and restarted the service, but i m still getting the same message... is it possible that postfix is receibing
                          Message 12 of 15 , May 30 2:58 PM
                          • 0 Attachment
                            On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:
                            > Javier:
                            >> hello,
                            >>
                            >> I had a problem with the resolution of my dns, however it is working
                            >> fine know, i even got two emails sent to my gmail account...
                            >>
                            >> i didn't do nothing else, and now i'm getting this error:
                            >>
                            >>
                            >> May 30 04:03:15 server postfix/smtp[6193]: A2AA4F005A:
                            >> to=<javier.rojasr at gmail dot com>, relay=none, delay=0,
                            >> status=bounced (Host or domain name not found. Name service error for
                            >> name=localhost type=AAAA: Host not found)
                            >
                            > Someone edited main.cf, and set
                            >
                            > inet_protocols=all
                            >
                            > The default setting, "inet_protocols=ipv4" prevents Postfix from
                            > doing AAAA lookups.

                            I changed it to ipv4, as well as localhost and restarted the service,
                            but i'm still getting the same message...

                            is it possible that postfix is receibing this parameters from the
                            openexchange server?

                            >> i searched on main.cf and this is all i have with localhost
                            >>
                            >> content_filter= smtp:[localhost]:10025
                            >
                            > Change that into:
                            >
                            > content_filter= smtp:[127.0.0.1]:10025
                            >
                            >> and in master.cf
                            >>
                            >> #localhost:10025 inet n - n - - smtpd
                            >> -o content_filter=
                            >> scache unix - - n - 1 scache
                            >> localhost:10025 inet n - n - - smtpd
                            >> -o content_filter=
                            >> tlsmgr unix - - n 1000? 1 tlsmgr
                            >>
                            >>
                            >> should localhost be between [] in mater.cf too?
                            >
                            > No. The [] syntax is needed to change DNS lookups in the Postfix
                            > SMTP client.
                            >
                            > Wietse
                            >



                            --
                            Ciao, Javier
                            linux counter #393724
                            GPG Key Fingerprint = 46B76CFEDB0161089D9ECB22FEFDE7EBA8C2007E
                          • Javier
                            and it is resolving gmail.com without a problem... ... -- Ciao, Javier linux counter #393724 GPG Key Fingerprint = 46B76CFEDB0161089D9ECB22FEFDE7EBA8C2007E
                            Message 13 of 15 , May 30 2:59 PM
                            • 0 Attachment
                              and it is resolving gmail.com without a problem...

                              On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 5:28 PM, Javier <javier.rojasr@...> wrote:
                              > On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:
                              >> Javier:
                              >>> hello,
                              >>>
                              >>> I had a problem with the resolution of my dns, however it is working
                              >>> fine know, i even got two emails sent to my gmail account...
                              >>>
                              >>> i didn't do nothing else, and now i'm getting this error:
                              >>>
                              >>>
                              >>> May 30 04:03:15 server postfix/smtp[6193]: A2AA4F005A:
                              >>> to=<javier.rojasr at gmail dot com>, relay=none, delay=0,
                              >>> status=bounced (Host or domain name not found. Name service error for
                              >>> name=localhost type=AAAA: Host not found)
                              >>
                              >> Someone edited main.cf, and set
                              >>
                              >> inet_protocols=all
                              >>
                              >> The default setting, "inet_protocols=ipv4" prevents Postfix from
                              >> doing AAAA lookups.
                              >
                              > I changed it to ipv4, as well as localhost and restarted the service,
                              > but i'm still getting the same message...
                              >
                              > is it possible that postfix is receibing this parameters from the
                              > openexchange server?
                              >
                              >>> i searched on main.cf and this is all i have with localhost
                              >>>
                              >>> content_filter= smtp:[localhost]:10025
                              >>
                              >> Change that into:
                              >>
                              >> content_filter= smtp:[127.0.0.1]:10025
                              >>
                              >>> and in master.cf
                              >>>
                              >>> #localhost:10025 inet n - n - - smtpd
                              >>> -o content_filter=
                              >>> scache unix - - n - 1 scache
                              >>> localhost:10025 inet n - n - - smtpd
                              >>> -o content_filter=
                              >>> tlsmgr unix - - n 1000? 1 tlsmgr
                              >>>
                              >>>
                              >>> should localhost be between [] in mater.cf too?
                              >>
                              >> No. The [] syntax is needed to change DNS lookups in the Postfix
                              >> SMTP client.
                              >>
                              >> Wietse
                              >>
                              >
                              >
                              >
                              > --
                              > Ciao, Javier
                              > linux counter #393724
                              > GPG Key Fingerprint = 46B76CFEDB0161089D9ECB22FEFDE7EBA8C2007E
                              >



                              --
                              Ciao, Javier
                              linux counter #393724
                              GPG Key Fingerprint = 46B76CFEDB0161089D9ECB22FEFDE7EBA8C2007E
                            • Wietse Venema
                              Javier: [ Charset UTF-8 unsupported, converting... ] ... Then you did not properly change it. To verify the settings, use the command: postconf -n Wietse
                              Message 14 of 15 , May 30 4:57 PM
                              • 0 Attachment
                                Javier:
                                [ Charset UTF-8 unsupported, converting... ]
                                > On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:
                                > > Javier:
                                > >> hello,
                                > >>
                                > >> I had a problem with the resolution of my dns, however it is working
                                > >> fine know, i even got two emails sent to my gmail account...
                                > >>
                                > >> i didn't do nothing else, and now i'm getting this error:
                                > >>
                                > >>
                                > >> May 30 04:03:15 server postfix/smtp[6193]: A2AA4F005A:
                                > >> to=<javier.rojasr at gmail dot com>, relay=none, delay=0,
                                > >> status=bounced (Host or domain name not found. Name service error for
                                > >> name=localhost type=AAAA: Host not found)
                                > >
                                > > Someone edited main.cf, and set
                                > >
                                > > inet_protocols=all
                                > >
                                > > The default setting, "inet_protocols=ipv4" prevents Postfix from
                                > > doing AAAA lookups.
                                >
                                > I changed it to ipv4, as well as localhost and restarted the service,
                                > but i'm still getting the same message...

                                Then you did not properly change it. To verify the settings,
                                use the command:

                                postconf -n

                                Wietse
                              Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.