veritication of sender and auth

  • maximatt
    Message 1 of 8 , May 29 11:01 AM

      hi...

      where i can check in a momento of processing sender - that's is with a script or other method - the following:

         - for an authenticated user, he send a message, but i need to check that the mail of the sender is authenticated user mail address.

      in others words, who's  the point that i can merge autentication with sender validation... (i understand that are diferent process)

      thanks!

      --
      Salu2 ;)
    • Brian Evans - Postfix List
      Message 2 of 8 , May 29 11:08 AM
        maximatt wrote:

        > hi...
        >
        > where i can check in a momento of processing sender - that's is with a
        > script or other method - the following:
        >
        > - for an authenticated user, he send a message, but i need to check
        > that the mail of the sender is authenticated user mail address.
        >
        > in others words, who's the point that i can merge autentication with
        > sender validation... (i understand that are diferent process)
        >
        > thanks!
        If submitted via sendmail(1) command, then it is up to you and your
        script/web interface.

        If submitted via SMTP read the following:
        http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtpd_sender_login_maps
        http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#reject_sender_login_mismatch
        http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#reject_unauthenticated_sender_login_mismatch

        Brian
      • Postfix Support Mail
        Message 3 of 8 , May 29 12:53 PM
          okay i'm trying to configure postfix to use maildir instead of mbox.  this is in preparation to migrate to a new server.

          i've got it configured so it will deliver the mail into the correct mail directories for the users.  i used mb2md version 2, which with a little trial and error worked fine.

          the maildirs are set up, and with the lines in postfix set, and procmailrc, it's delivering the mail.

          my problem is, when i log in, i can't see the mail.  the new mail files are being created in /home/username/Maildir/new but...  mail clients can't see it.

          what gives?  what did i do wrong?  what do i need to change to make this work?

          thanks in advance
          --Mac
        • J.P. Trosclair
          Message 4 of 8 , May 29 1:00 PM
            > my problem is, when i log in, i can't see the mail. the new mail files are
            > being created in /home/username/Maildir/new but... mail clients can't see
            > it.

            This is a configuration issue with your pop3/imap service. You'll need
            to configure it to support maildir and probably tell it where to look
            for the mail directory.

            If you think you have an issue with the maildir themselves, you can try
            opening them with mutt (mutt -f /path/to/maildir/folder). My guess is
            it's a configuration issue as stated above though. Hope this helps.
          • Postfix Support Mail
            Message 5 of 8 , May 29 1:38 PM
              ## >> ## >> > my problem is, when i log in, i can't see the mail.
              ## >> the new mail
              ## >> > files are being created in /home/username/Maildir/new
              ## >> but... mail
              ## >> > clients can't see it.
              ## >>
              ## >> This is a configuration issue with your pop3/imap
              ## >> service. You'll need to configure it to support maildir
              ## >> and probably tell it where to look for the mail directory.
              ## >>
              ## >> If you think you have an issue with the maildir
              ## >> themselves, you can try opening them with mutt (mutt -f
              ## >> /path/to/maildir/folder). My guess is it's a
              ## >> configuration issue as stated above though. Hope this helps.

              you have hit the nail on the head. i have switched from
              /home/username/Maildir to /home/username/Mail, and the messages are going
              where they are supposed to go. mutt -f /home/username/Mail (or Maildir from
              before) will show the new messages.

              however, running Pine, or logging into squirrelmail, no messages. where is
              the configuration to change for Maildir for pop3 to see the new directories?
              i'm not seeing it. the setup i'm running is using Courier. should i be
              doing something with that? i'm a little lost. i built this mail config a
              LONG time ago and now i can't remember what i did.

              --Mac
            • Postfix Support Mail
              Message 6 of 8 , May 29 2:15 PM
[...]

                ----------------------

                i think i've found the problem. this server is running UW-IMAP, which if i
                am not mistaken, does not support maildir? i thought this server was
                running Courier, but apparently it is not. the replacement servers being
                configured are using Courier. so. unless i change to Courier on this
                server, i'm pretty much out of luck. do i have this corredt?

                --Mac
              • maximatt
                Message 7 of 8 , May 29 3:11 PM
                  yes... i reading these documents, but.. i can see that sasl its not working :( so i cant test the new config :(

                  thanks again!!

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 1, 2009
                    thanks Brian!

                    i can make its work's!