Re: What is the best value for first retry-window for postgrey ?

  • lst_hoe02@kwsoft.de
    Message 1 of 2 , May 29 5:07 AM
      Zitat von "anebi@..." <anebi@...>:

      > Hi,
      >
      > we have a centos 5 server that we use for mail server and i have
      > installed their postgrey.
      >
      > I want to ask what values do you use for retry-window option and what is
      > the best value for this ?
      >
      > I have leave it with the default value 2 days for now, but i don't know
      > if it is too high.
      >
      > What's your opinion?

      Postfix is not Postgrey so it may be useful to ask on the Postgrey List.
      The "retry-window" is the time after which a record is purged if no
      other attempt to deliver mail is made. If you set it too short server
      with long retry times may not be able to deliver mail to you at all.
      So if unsure leave it at the save default.

      Regards

      Andreas