Re: Case sensitive oddity when mail delivered.

  • postfix@corwyn.net
    Message 1 of 10 , May 28, 2009
      At 10:14 PM 5/28/2009, Sahil Tandon wrote:
      >Odd. I cannot reproduce that problem here, also using dovecot as
      >virtual_transport. Just to be sure, you are passing at least the 'hu' flags
      >to pipe(8) for dovecot's LDA, right? These two flags ensure case-folding,
      >which local(8) does by default.

      I finally deleted the test222 account from mysql and recreated it
      (the same as it was prior) and now it no longer reproduced (note I've
      never been able to repro it in my dev environment).

      I clearly could replicate earlier in my production env, I probably
      ran 40-50 tests and iterations with a defined methodology. It failed
      just prior to finally deleting the account, and now it doesn't. Some
      interaction in there somewhere. the problem came back before, so I
      figure I'll be able to repro again eventually.

      I have flags=DR set for flags for the dovecot transport. I do
      recognize that I probably need to add hu (or "h" actually, as I think
      "u" will break my "+Spam" recipient-delimiter in amavis that delivers
      mail to the Spam folder), but first I'd like to track down what's
      causing the oddity failure.

      Rick