Re: log query

  • Lists
    Message 1 of 8 , May 27, 2009
      LuKreme wrote:
      > On 26-May-2009, at 17:39, Lists wrote:
      >> As part of my mail system I am using postgrey.
      >>
      >> When stuff is stopped at the gate (so to speek) i.e. it doesn't even
      >> get into the the system is there a log kept of this?
      >
      > postgrey logs to the maillog. lines look like this:
      >
      > May 26 16:27:18 mail postgrey[949]: action=greylist, reason=new,
      > client_name=n21z152l106.broadband.ctm.net,
      > client_address=202.86.152.106, sender=netch@...,
      > recipient=kremels@...
      > May 26 20:39:53 mail postgrey[949]: action=pass, reason=triplet found,
      > client_name=web59008.mail.re1.yahoo.com, client_address=66.196.101.4,
      > sender=agogaz...m, recipient=key....m

      Hi yes thanks this is what I needed to know. We are having a problem
      with someone sending into us from a Microsoft Exchange 2007 server and I
      checked in my maillog file and couldn't see any information on the
      connection at all. So then I started to wonder if the system could
      reject it without notificiation.

      Good to know that it does in-fact log.

      Many thanks for all the responses.

      Kate