Re: your mail

  • Ralf Hildebrandt
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2009
      * Len Conrad <lconrad@...>:
      > postmap -q "67.218.188" mysql:/usr/local/etc/postfix/mysql-mta_clients_reactive_b.cf
      > 554 mta_client_reactive_b
      >
      > postmap -q "67.218.188.4" mysql:/usr/local/etc/postfix/mysql-mta_clients_reactive_b.cf
      > ... no data
      >
      > man 5 access seems to make no distinction between .map and SQL tables:
      >
      > HOST NAME/ADDRESS PATTERNS
      >
      > With lookups from indexed files such as DB or DBM, or from networked
      > tables such as NIS, LDAP or SQL, the following lookup patterns are
      > examined in the order as listed
      >
      > Subnetworks are matched by repeatedly truncating the last
      > ".octet" from the remote IPv4 host address string until a match
      > is found in the access table, or until further truncation is not
      > possible.

      So where is the problem now?

      --
      Ralf Hildebrandt
      http://www.computerbeschimpfung.de
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2009
        Len Conrad wrote:
        > postmap -q "67.218.188" mysql:/usr/local/etc/postfix/mysql-mta_clients_reactive_b.cf
        > 554 mta_client_reactive_b
        >
        > postmap -q "67.218.188.4" mysql:/usr/local/etc/postfix/mysql-mta_clients_reactive_b.cf
        > ... no data
        >
        > man 5 access seems to make no distinction between .map and SQL tables:
        >
        > HOST NAME/ADDRESS PATTERNS
        >
        > With lookups from indexed files such as DB or DBM, or from networked
        > tables such as NIS, LDAP or SQL, the following lookup patterns are
        > examined in the order as listed
        >
        > Subnetworks are matched by repeatedly truncating the last
        > ".octet" from the remote IPv4 host address string until a match
        > is found in the access table, or until further truncation is not
        > possible.
        >
        > Len

        You appear to have a question about the table search order...
        If that's not the case, please correct me.

        The access man page describes how a map is searched when it's
        used as an access table.

        postmap -q does not have a search order, it only performs the
        lookup specified.