  • Len Conrad
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2009
      postmap -q "67.218.188" mysql:/usr/local/etc/postfix/mysql-mta_clients_reactive_b.cf
      554 mta_client_reactive_b

      postmap -q "67.218.188.4" mysql:/usr/local/etc/postfix/mysql-mta_clients_reactive_b.cf
      ... no data

      man 5 access seems to make no distinction between .map and SQL tables:

      HOST NAME/ADDRESS PATTERNS

      With lookups from indexed files such as DB or DBM, or from networked
      tables such as NIS, LDAP or SQL, the following lookup patterns are
      examined in the order as listed

      Subnetworks are matched by repeatedly truncating the last
      ".octet" from the remote IPv4 host address string until a match
      is found in the access table, or until further truncation is not
      possible.

      Len
    • Ralf Hildebrandt
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2009
        * Len Conrad <lconrad@...>:
        > postmap -q "67.218.188" mysql:/usr/local/etc/postfix/mysql-mta_clients_reactive_b.cf
        > 554 mta_client_reactive_b
        >
        > postmap -q "67.218.188.4" mysql:/usr/local/etc/postfix/mysql-mta_clients_reactive_b.cf
        > ... no data
        >
        > man 5 access seems to make no distinction between .map and SQL tables:
        >
        > HOST NAME/ADDRESS PATTERNS
        >
        > With lookups from indexed files such as DB or DBM, or from networked
        > tables such as NIS, LDAP or SQL, the following lookup patterns are
        > examined in the order as listed
        >
        > Subnetworks are matched by repeatedly truncating the last
        > ".octet" from the remote IPv4 host address string until a match
        > is found in the access table, or until further truncation is not
        > possible.

        So where is the problem now?

        --
        Ralf Hildebrandt
        http://www.computerbeschimpfung.de
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2009
          Len Conrad wrote:
          > postmap -q "67.218.188" mysql:/usr/local/etc/postfix/mysql-mta_clients_reactive_b.cf
          > 554 mta_client_reactive_b
          >
          > postmap -q "67.218.188.4" mysql:/usr/local/etc/postfix/mysql-mta_clients_reactive_b.cf
          > ... no data
          >
          > man 5 access seems to make no distinction between .map and SQL tables:
          >
          > HOST NAME/ADDRESS PATTERNS
          >
          > With lookups from indexed files such as DB or DBM, or from networked
          > tables such as NIS, LDAP or SQL, the following lookup patterns are
          > examined in the order as listed
          >
          > Subnetworks are matched by repeatedly truncating the last
          > ".octet" from the remote IPv4 host address string until a match
          > is found in the access table, or until further truncation is not
          > possible.
          >
          > Len

          You appear to have a question about the table search order...
          If that's not the case, please correct me.

          The access man page describes how a map is searched when it's
          used as an access table.

          postmap -q does not have a search order, it only performs the
          lookup specified.