Re: Virtual delivery + procmail

  • Gerard
    Message 1 of 11 , May 1, 2009
      On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 10:57:57 -0700 (PDT)
      Jordan Tardif <jordan@...> wrote:

      >> Perhaps you are using the wrong mail system?
      >>
      >> .---------------------------------------------------------.
      >> |agent |executes commands|requires UNIX system acounts|
      >> |---------------------------------------------------------|
      >> |virtual(8)| no | no |
      >> |pipe(8) | yes | knows nothing about users |
      >> |local(8) | yes | yes |
      >> `---------------------------------------------------------'
      >
      >The problem is we have users with diffrent uid's/gid's via
      >virtual_uid_maps and virtual_gid_maps. The mail gets delivered as
      >those users, but you have no way to run procmail etc as that user.
      >
      >Do you know of some way to get procmail to run as the specific user
      >with an alias like..
      >
      >| blah--spentgraphics.com |
      >|"/usr/bin/procmail /home/user/.procmailrc" | spentgraphics.com |
      >
      >As far as I can see there is no way to get postfix to exec this
      >procmail command as the virutal user. Am I missing something here?

      Do you really have to use procmail? I never liked it. It is a memory
      hog and has a nasty "fall through" habit. Why not use something like
      dovecot. It has filtering rules and integrates seamlessly with postfix.

      --
      Gerard
      postfix.user@...

      This is clearly another case of too many mad scientists,
      and not enough hunchbacks.