Re: SMTP AUTH

  • Patrick Ben Koetter
    Message 1 of 40 , Apr 2, 2009
      * punit jain <contactpunitjain@...>:
      > Hi
      >
      > I have a requirement where i need to use SMTP AUTH for specific IP addresses
      > only. As far as i read its applicable for server as a whole. Any ideas ?

      Tell more. Your server should only use SMTP AUTH when it authenticates with
      other specific IP addresses? Only specific IP addresses should authenitcate
      with your server and all others should be permitted to relay because they
      belong to a known network? Something along these lines...

      p@rick
    • punit jain
      Message 40 of 40 , May 4, 2011
        This isn't possible without separating local mail submission from general internet incoming mail.

        Probably the easiest way to do that is to require your users to submit mail on the submission port 587 or smtps port 465, and use your firewall to block or redirect port 25 from your local network.  Then put whatever restrictions you want on the submission port.

         -- Noel Jones

        Thanks Noel. This answers my question. I was thinking on same lines.