Re: postfix under windows domain controller

  • Meshbah Uddin Ahmed
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2009
      actually users are under domain controller. but linux will be used instead of ms exchange. in linux no users will be created, but mailbox will be create automatically synchronizing with dc. and POP service in linux will be used as dovecot.

      pls advice.

      regards-
      meshbah

      On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 8:20 PM, Victor Duchovni <Victor.Duchovni@...> wrote:
      On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 03:16:53PM +0300, Veiko Kukk wrote:

      >> I want to add my postfix mail server under active directory (domain
      >> controller), so that i dont create any user in my linux box, i will create
      >> in my DC, but mailbox will create in linux postfix.
      >> please help, how i will do it.
      >
      > winbind

      Not necessarily. Rather depends on how users will access mail. Many
      POP/IMAP servers work with "virtual" mail stores with mailboxes owned
      by the IMAP server, not the user. In this case system accounts for
      users are not needed, and probably not desired.

      The OP should probably ask more specific questions, as "please design
      my system" is to broad a question for this list.