Re: Multiple action on one rule in header_check pcre

  • Sahil Tandon
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 4:42 AM
      On Wed, 01 Apr 2009, Lars Johansen wrote:

      > I have the following rules in header check
      >
      > /^Subject: \*\*\*SPAM\*\*\*(.*)$/ PREPEND X-Spam-Flag: YES
      > /^Subject: \*\*\*SPAM\*\*\*(.*)$/ REPLACE Subject: ${1}
      >
      > The problem is that only the first rule are run, are there some way to
      > run multiple action on one rule?

      If by "rule" you mean "header", then no. The second paragraph, slightly
      editorialized, under DESCRIPTION from header_checks(5):

      Each message header or message body line is compared against a list of
      patterns. When a match is found the corresponding action is executed, and
      the matching process is repeated for the *next* message header or message body
      line.

      --
      Sahil Tandon <sahil@...>
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1 6:37 AM
        Lars Johansen:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I have the following rules in header check
        >
        > /^Subject: \*\*\*SPAM\*\*\*(.*)$/ PREPEND X-Spam-Flag: YES
        > /^Subject: \*\*\*SPAM\*\*\*(.*)$/ REPLACE Subject: ${1}
        >

        > The problem is that only the first rule are run, are there some way to
        > run multiple action on one rule?

        As documented, only one rule can fire per line.
        http://www.postfix.org/header_checks.5.html

        As documented, use an external content filter for complex actions.
        http://www.postfix.org/BUILTIN_FILTER_README.html#limitations