postfix under windows domain controller

  • Meshbah Uddin Ahmed
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2009
      Hi,

      I want to add my postfix mail server under active directory (domain controller), so that i dont create any user in my linux box, i will create in my DC, but mailbox will create in linux postfix.

      please help, how i will do it.

      Regards-
      Meshbah
    • Veiko Kukk
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 31, 2009
        Meshbah Uddin Ahmed wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I want to add my postfix mail server under active directory (domain
        > controller), so that i dont create any user in my linux box, i will
        > create in my DC, but mailbox will create in linux postfix.
        >
        > please help, how i will do it.

        winbind

        --
        Veiko
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 31, 2009
          On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 03:16:53PM +0300, Veiko Kukk wrote:

          >> I want to add my postfix mail server under active directory (domain
          >> controller), so that i dont create any user in my linux box, i will create
          >> in my DC, but mailbox will create in linux postfix.
          >> please help, how i will do it.
          >
          > winbind

          Not necessarily. Rather depends on how users will access mail. Many
          POP/IMAP servers work with "virtual" mail stores with mailboxes owned
          by the IMAP server, not the user. In this case system accounts for
          users are not needed, and probably not desired.

          The OP should probably ask more specific questions, as "please design
          my system" is to broad a question for this list.

        • Meshbah Uddin Ahmed
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1 5:12 AM
            actually users are under domain controller. but linux will be used instead of ms exchange. in linux no users will be created, but mailbox will be create automatically synchronizing with dc. and POP service in linux will be used as dovecot.

            pls advice.

            regards-
            meshbah