Re: Clustering

  • Terry Carmen
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 29, 2009
      carconni wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I've been digging around and I haven't been able to find what I'm
      > really looking for so I thought I'd go straight to the ones "who know".
      >
      > Can Postfix be run in a clustered environment (ie: multiple servers
      > running postfix utilizing one data store) under any OS?
      >
      > I know NFS is not really recommended - is there any alternative?

      Is there a reason you actually need them to share the same data-store?

      You could run separate postfix instances on separate machines (in
      different data centers would be great), then have them deliver the
      accepted messages to the user's maildir on whatever machine they live
      on. You could give them the same priority mx records if you want
      load-balancing.

      In this case, you could lose a whole data center and still accept mail
      and have it delivered to the users.

      Terry