Active/passive cluster and postfix running on both nodes

  • Vianney Lejeune
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 29 4:39 AM
      Hello !

      I have a 2-nodes-active/passive cluster, each node runs postfix
      independently, only for local email.

      I would like to achieve this scenario:

      -if the nodes are both secondary, or one is down and the other one is
      secondary, each node stores locally iits own emails.

      -If a node `is or becomes primary`, the secondary node transfers its
      own emails to the primary node.

      Could you give me some clues ?

      Regards,
      Vianney
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 31 3:19 PM
        Vianney Lejeune a écrit :
        > Hello !
        >
        > I have a 2-nodes-active/passive cluster, each node runs postfix
        > independently, only for local email.
        >
        > I would like to achieve this scenario:
        >
        > -if the nodes are both secondary, or one is down and the other one is
        > secondary, each node stores locally iits own emails.
        >
        > -If a node `is or becomes primary`, the secondary node transfers its own
        > emails to the primary node.
        >
        > Could you give me some clues ?

        this is unclear. can you explain what you exactly want?
      • Vianney Lejeune
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2009
          >> Hello !
          >>
          >> I have a 2-nodes-active/passive cluster, each node runs postfix
          >> independently, only for local email.
          >>
          >> I would like to achieve this scenario:
          >>
          >> -if the nodes are both secondary, or one is down and the other one is
          >> secondary, each node stores locally iits own emails.
          >>
          >> -If a node `is or becomes primary`, the secondary node transfers
          >> its own
          >> emails to the primary node.
          >>
          >> Could you give me some clues ?
          >
          > this is unclear. can you explain what you exactly want?

          As I stated before, I have a cluster with 2 nodes (2 computers).
          Simply, I would like to store and read on the primary (=online) node
          all the emails sent to the superuser accounts (from the primary and
          secondaty node), regarless the cluster's situation.

          Do you get my point ?