Re: alias question

  • /dev/rob0
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 2, 2009
      On Mon March 2 2009 13:07:18 Victor Duchovni wrote:
      > On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 12:56:33PM -0600, /dev/rob0 wrote:
      > > Massive confusion, and looking back on the thread somewhat, I still
      > > think we're lacking a good description of the problem.
      > >
      > > On Mon March 2 2009 06:31:09 Leonardo Coelho wrote:
      > > > I'm sorry but i don't get it, if i have this two lines:
      > >
      > > Don't do this. It probably doesn't work anyway. We have address
      > > classes with proper *_transport defaults. The local_transport is of
      > > course local(8), which is designed to work with Unix users and
      > > traditional Unix system aliases(5).
      >
      > There is nothing wrong with "local_transport = virtual", if one wants
      > virtual delivery with no aliases(5) processing or .forward processing
      > for all local users, but often setting mailbox_transport is a better
      > way to handle "local" (system-user) mail.

      Thanks. I was thinking, as well, that the someone with such a need
      might do better using relay_domains and set "relay_transport =
      dovecot", for the domains defined in his virtual_mailbox_domains, since
      later on the OP also changed virtual_transport. Then the mydestination
      domains could be moved to virtual_mailbox_domains and mydestination
      unset. This fits in with the principle of doing the least possible
      pounding of square pegs into round holes.

      Of course this is all academic; I doubt the OP really knows what he
      needs.