Re: sending email with Gnus

  • LuKreme
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2009
      On 1-Mar-2009, at 18:55, Byung-Hee HWANG wrote:
      > Postfix does not support GNU TLS.

      Postfix does not 'support' TLS at all. It should work with Gnu TLS as
      well as with any other TLS library.

      --
      Beware of the Leopard!
    • Ralf Hildebrandt
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2009
        * LuKreme <kremels@...>:

        > Postfix does not 'support' TLS at all.

        I wouldn't say it that way. STARTTLS looks like TLS support, if you
        ask me

        > It should work with Gnu TLS as well as with any other TLS library.

        As far as I knwo it doesn't :)

        --
        Ralf Hildebrandt (Ralf.Hildebrandt@...) snickebo@...
        http://www.arschkrebs.de
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 2, 2009
          Ralf Hildebrandt:
          > * LuKreme <kremels@...>:
          >
          > > Postfix does not 'support' TLS at all.
          >
          > I wouldn't say it that way. STARTTLS looks like TLS support, if you
          > ask me
          >
          > > It should work with Gnu TLS as well as with any other TLS library.
          >
          > As far as I knwo it doesn't :)

          A couple years ago, Gnu TLS would exit the program (exit status 2)
          instead of reporting an error to Postfix, so that Postfix could
          switch to plaintext where appropriate.

          http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#build_tls

          Wietse
        • Ralf Hildebrandt
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 2, 2009
            * Wietse Venema <wietse@...>:

            > A couple years ago, Gnu TLS would exit the program (exit status 2)
            > instead of reporting an error to Postfix, so that Postfix could
            > switch to plaintext where appropriate.
            >
            > http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#build_tls

            Should I retry a build with GNUTLS?

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 2, 2009
              Ralf Hildebrandt:
              > * Wietse Venema <wietse@...>:
              >
              > > A couple years ago, Gnu TLS would exit the program (exit status 2)
              > > instead of reporting an error to Postfix, so that Postfix could
              > > switch to plaintext where appropriate.
              > >
              > > http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#build_tls
              >
              > Should I retry a build with GNUTLS?

              Apparently this library freaks out when there's no /dev/*random,
              so this is a double idiot problem.

              Idiot #1: GnuTLS library calls exit instead of allowing applications
              such as Postfix to provide randomness. Postfix provides randomness
              via a tlsmgr daemon that runs outside the chroot jail and that has
              access to /dev/*random.

              Idiot #2: Linux distro turns on CHROOT by default, but provides no
              /dev/*random.

              You're welcome to reproduce this.

              Wietse
            • Baghwant
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 3, 2009
                Hi ,
                Can u tell me how can block particular machine or email ID
                to send mail to any outer domain except local domain. Mean one user of
                ur domain can only send mail locally,

                Thx in advance
                Waiting for reply

                DISCLAIMER

                This message(including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a
                specific individual and purpose,and is protected by law. If you have received it by mistake
                please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any
                unauthorised use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
                Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. Eon Infotech Limited shall not be liable
                for the improper or incomplete transmission.
              • Sahil Tandon
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 3, 2009
                  On Tue, 03 Mar 2009, Baghwant wrote:

                  > Can u tell me how can block particular machine or email ID
                  > to send mail to any outer domain except local domain. Mean one user of
                  > ur domain can only send mail locally,

                  Sahil Tandon <sahil@...>
                • Baghwant