strict domain

  • bharathan kailath
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2009
      hi
      the following implemented on the postfix relay for stopping forgery and it work great!
      but from one of our subsidiary company's mail server one of the email id forwarding thru this postfix relay; whatever comes from yahoo/hotmail get rejected; can we put some exceptions to the particular recipient!
      help appreciatd

      the following is from main.cf

      smtpd_sender_restrictions =
              hash:/etc/postfix/access
              check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/strict_sender_map
      smtpd_restriction_classes = strict_client_domain

      strict_client_domain =
              reject_unknown_client
              check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/strict_client_map
              reject
              unknown_client_reject_code = 554

      /etc/postfix/strict_sender_map:
          yahoo.com strict_client_domain reject
          hotmail.com strict_client_domain reject

      /etc/postfix/strict_client_map:
          yahoo.com OK
          hotmail.com OK
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2009
        bharathan kailath wrote:
        > hi
        > the following implemented on the postfix relay for stopping forgery and
        > it work great!
        > but from one of our subsidiary company's mail server one of the email id
        > forwarding thru this postfix relay; whatever comes from yahoo/hotmail
        > get rejected; can we put some exceptions to the particular recipient!
        > help appreciatd
        >
        > the following is from main.cf <http://main.cf>
        >
        > smtpd_sender_restrictions =
        > hash:/etc/postfix/access
        > check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/strict_sender_map
        > smtpd_restriction_classes = strict_client_domain
        >
        > strict_client_domain =
        > reject_unknown_client
        > check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/strict_client_map
        > reject
        > unknown_client_reject_code = 554
        >
        > /etc/postfix/strict_sender_map:
        > yahoo.com <http://yahoo.com> strict_client_domain reject
        > hotmail.com <http://hotmail.com> strict_client_domain reject
        >

        > /etc/postfix/strict_client_map:
        > yahoo.com <http://yahoo.com> OK
        > hotmail.com <http://hotmail.com> OK

        Add your subsidiary's IP to your strict_client_map.

        --
        Noel Jones