Re: Mail Undeliverable error with Postfix

  • Benny Pedersen
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 1, 2009
      On Sun, February 1, 2009 16:17, mouss wrote:

      > I guess the alias is defined in alias_maps, but this map is only
      > consulted by "local", which you don't use (you deliver via dovecot,
      > not via local).
      >
      > use virtual_alias_maps instead.

      postfixadmin handle this when configured to do so :)

      for the OP to solve it, dovecot lda must only see the mailbox from
      mysql not any alias, and postfixadmin must have all destinations to
      mailbox not local: aliases

      --
      http://localhost/ 100% uptime and 100% mirrored :)
    • jan gestre
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 2, 2009
        On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 5:21 AM, Benny Pedersen <me@...> wrote:

        > On Sun, February 1, 2009 16:17, mouss wrote:
        >
        >> I guess the alias is defined in alias_maps, but this map is only
        >> consulted by "local", which you don't use (you deliver via dovecot,
        >> not via local).
        >>
        >> use virtual_alias_maps instead.
        >
        > postfixadmin handle this when configured to do so :)
        >
        > for the OP to solve it, dovecot lda must only see the mailbox from
        > mysql not any alias, and postfixadmin must have all destinations to
        > mailbox not local: aliases
        >

        > --
        > http://localhost/ 100% uptime and 100% mirrored :)

        Forgive my ignorance but how will I do that? Thanks
      • jan gestre
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 2, 2009
          On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 9:28 PM, jan gestre <ipcopper.ph@...> wrote:
          > On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 5:21 AM, Benny Pedersen <me@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> On Sun, February 1, 2009 16:17, mouss wrote:
          >>
          >>> I guess the alias is defined in alias_maps, but this map is only
          >>> consulted by "local", which you don't use (you deliver via dovecot,
          >>> not via local).
          >>>
          >>> use virtual_alias_maps instead.
          >>
          >> postfixadmin handle this when configured to do so :)
          >>
          >> for the OP to solve it, dovecot lda must only see the mailbox from
          >> mysql not any alias, and postfixadmin must have all destinations to
          >> mailbox not local: aliases
          >>

          >> --
          >> http://localhost/ 100% uptime and 100% mirrored :)
          >>

          > Forgive my ignorance but how will I do that? Thanks

          Can anyone tell me how to configure postfix to use mysql for smtp
          auth? My version of postfix was rebuilt with mysql support because the
          default postfix for CentOS does not come with mysql support by
          default.

          TIA
        • Brian Evans - Postfix List
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 2, 2009
            jan gestre wrote:
            > Can anyone tell me how to configure postfix to use mysql for smtp
            > auth? My version of postfix was rebuilt with mysql support because the
            > default postfix for CentOS does not come with mysql support by
            > default.

            Postfix does not query databases directly for SASL.
            It is up to the SASL library (either cyrus or dovecot) to have that support.

            Brian