Re: Limit no of messages per relayhost

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2009
      Jack Knowlton:
      > On Sat, January 31, 2009 3:01 pm, Wietse Venema wrote:
      > > Jack Knowlton:
      > >> Hi all.
      > >> I have an postfix installation configured to use my ISP's server as
      > >> relayhost.
      > >> I don't want to put too much load on it (and get blacklisted) so I'd
      > >> like
      > >> to limit the number of messages sent per minute.
      > >> I found previous posts on how to do that per destination domain - but
      > >> how
      > >> about the relayhost?
      > >
      > > Postfix is short-sighted. It thinks only one step ahead. The
      > > relayhost *IS* the destination, for the purposes of connection
      > > scheduling.
      > >
      > > Wietse
      > >

      > Ok. I configured *_destination_concurrency_limit but I was looking for
      > something time-defined, like messages per minute.
      > Is it possible to achieve?

      http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#default_destination_rate_delay

      The Postfix defaults are:

      default_destination_rate_delay = 0s
      lmtp_destination_rate_delay = $default_destination_rate_delay
      local_destination_rate_delay = $default_destination_rate_delay
      relay_destination_rate_delay = $default_destination_rate_delay
      smtp_destination_rate_delay = $default_destination_rate_delay
      virtual_destination_rate_delay = $default_destination_rate_delay

      You can override these in main.cf.