giving more resources to procmail/crm

  • jason@monsterjam.org
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2009
      I have 2.5.5 installed on my postfix server at home.. and postfix delivers to procmail on my system
      mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail

      and then my procmail then calls CRM114 for spam processing.. but more often than not, procmail fails with
      procmail: Program failure (-25) of "/usr/bin/crm"

      which I know means that procmail failed to run the command because of processing limits memory/disk/whatever..

      I have jacked up what I *thought* would fix it
      message_size_limit = 60240000
      mailbox_size_limit = 61240000
      but it still fails. Does anyone know if these are the right values to be playing with?

      regards,
      Jason
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2009
        On Fri, Jan 02, 2009 at 01:28:23PM -0500, jason@... wrote:

        > I have 2.5.5 installed on my postfix server at home.. and postfix delivers to procmail on my system
        > mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail
        >
        > and then my procmail then calls CRM114 for spam processing.. but more often than not, procmail fails with
        > procmail: Program failure (-25) of "/usr/bin/crm"
        >
        > which I know means that procmail failed to run the command because of processing limits memory/disk/whatever..
        >
        > I have jacked up what I *thought* would fix it
        > message_size_limit = 60240000
        > mailbox_size_limit = 61240000
        > but it still fails. Does anyone know if these are the right values to be playing with?

        The mailbox_size_limit is the most likely problem. Programs launched
        from delivery agents cannot write to files that are larger than the
        message_size_limit, this includes any Berkeley-DB or other "database"
        files, ...