RCPT TO problem using relay host

  • Dennis Putnam
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2009
      I have a machine running postfix that is required to relay mail
      through my ISP's mail server. When I try to send mail, I get this error:

      550 [PERMFAIL] destination not valid within DNS (in reply to RCPT TO
      command)

      Can someone explain what this error means? If I use 'telnet' to send
      the RCTP TO command manually it accepts it.

      Thanks.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2009
        Dennis Putnam a écrit :
        > I have a machine running postfix that is required to relay mail through
        > my ISP's mail server. When I try to send mail, I get this error:
        >
        > 550 [PERMFAIL] destination not valid within DNS (in reply to RCPT TO
        > command)
        >
        > Can someone explain what this error means? If I use 'telnet' to send the
        > RCTP TO command manually it accepts it.

        please show full log lines.
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2009
          Dennis Putnam:
          > I have a machine running postfix that is required to relay mail
          > through my ISP's mail server. When I try to send mail, I get this error:
          >
          > 550 [PERMFAIL] destination not valid within DNS (in reply to RCPT TO
          > command)
          >
          > Can someone explain what this error means? If I use 'telnet' to send
          > the RCTP TO command manually it accepts it.

          Type the recipient domain into a DNS checking website (see search
          engine for examples) and see if they report any errors.