Re: postfix questions: when emails are being rejected...

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2008
      Hwan Dong:

      > Hi there,
      > ?
      > Instead of?paying email professionals, I set up a postfix SMTP server to s
      >-end emails to the club members. I have also successfully enabled the delay b
      >-etween sending to some ISPs. But as more as I am sending, I could still get
      >-rejection. Do you have similar experience? Any insight or comments?

      Welcome to the real world. Some ISPs have "acceptable use" limits.
      If you want to send more than an occasional email message then you
      will have to become whitelisted.

      I don't think it is a good idea to build broken-by-design features
      into Postfix (*), especially when their sole purpose is to circumvent
      ISP acceptable use limitats.

      Wietse

      (*) Such as suspending all delivery to yahoo.com after
      only one recipient is rejected with a temporary error.