Re: postfix: set up pop3 / imap with postfix..

  • Gerard
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 30, 2008
      On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 23:54:36 -0800 (PST)
      "vivek.agrawal" <vivek.agrawal@...> wrote:

      >I want to use postfix to send and receive mail for my web application.
      >Currently i am able to send email using gmail as relay host. now i am
      >trying to get email comming to same gmail account which i am using for
      >relay host. on some sites i have read that i need to configure pop3 or
      >imap to get email from gmail account.
      >
      >can any one tell do i need to configure pop3. if yes please tell me
      >how to configure and use pop3/imap , appreciate if you can tell me the
      >debugging steps also.

      You need an application to handle POP/IMAP. Personally, I like
      'Dovecot' <http://www.dovecot.org/>. It works well with Postfix. There
      are several others though. Google for a POP/IMAP server. You may also
      need something like 'fetchmail' <http://fetchmail.berlios.de/> to get
      you mail from the server. Posting on their respective lists should
      prove useful to you.

      --
      Gerard
      postfix.user@...

      It is not a good omen when goldfish commit suicide.