Re: Action during SMTPD* checks

  • Sahil Tandon
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2008
      On Dec 29, 2008, at 12:55 AM, KLaM Postmaster <postmaster@...>
      wrote:

      > I have just finished reading a bunch of stuff on UCE and the "effects"
      > of the various parameters associated with the smtpd_*_restrictions,
      > and
      > I am now somewhat confused as two of the authors I have been reading
      > state that if a message receives an "OK" from any check then all
      > further
      > checks are abandoned. This does not make any sense and I am fairly
      > sure
      > that they got it backward but both of them are adamant!
      >
      > This is/was my understanding, from reading the documentation and
      > elsewhere.If a restriction check was successful (i.e., OK/DUNNO) then
      > postfix moves on to the next check, if on the other hand the check was
      > unsuccessful then the message is dropped and no further checks are
      > done.

      A REJECT will reject the message with no further checking anywhere. An
      OK stops checking within that particular smtpd_mumble_restrictions and
      moves onto the next one, where the message may still be rejected by
      another check. AFAIK, DUNNO stops processing of a particular access
      table but continues checks within the same mumble restrictions.

      --
      Sahil Tandon