Re: flush daemon

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 29, 2008
      punit jain:
      > > Don't look under the hood unless you know what you are looking at.
      >
      > I agree with you Viktor but i am just trying to get a clear picture of
      > postfix as a novice.
      >
      > What my concern is what will happen after setting fast_flush_domains to
      > relay domains and flushing the queue say at the time when the remote
      > domain mentioned in fast_flush_domain is slow ?

      It will not make any difference at all.

      Files in the flush directory are used for "postqueue -s domain" or
      "sendmail -qR domain".

      > Will preemption of messages take place or will it effect the delivery
      > process ?

      None of the above.

      Do not list local destinations in fast_flush_domains. In fact, it
      is a good idea not to change parameters until you have been using
      Postfix for a considerable time.