Re: "Dunce Moment" as regards to spoofing email headers (spam)

  • Ronald MacDonald
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2008
      On 01/12/2008, Ronald MacDonald <ronald@...> wrote:
      > On 01/12/2008, postfix@... <postfix@...> wrote:
      > > Ronald MacDonald wrote:
      >
      > > > However, in one of those "crap, what do I do now" moments, I'm
      > > > confuzzled as to how to get Postfix to realise that the mail *should*
      > > > be checked, since it's coming in from outside the network.
      > > >
      > > > Any ideas as to what might be the best way to fix this?
      > > >

      > > Thank you for the postconf -n output. Please also provide logs of such
      > > email bypassing your content filter. We can't help you trace the email and
      > > find the configuration error without them.
      >

      > Of course! I'm sorry.

      <cut>

      Ah, umm, my bad. Having noticed that magic word "whitelist" in the
      logs, after posting to here, I noticed the user had added themselves
      to their white list.

      And you wonder why they then complain about spam "from themselves"?

      Hhmph.

      Regards,
      Ronald.

      [--for the record, I did a find+replace on the logs to anon the user :) heh ]

      --
      Ronald MacDonald
      http://www.rmacd.com/
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2008
        Ronald MacDonald wrote:
        > Nov 30 10:51:07 de003221 amavis[28871]: (28871-10) wbl: whitelisted
        > sender <ronald@...>

        > Nov 30 10:51:07 de003221 amavis[28871]: (28871-10) Passed CLEAN,
        > [83.7.120.131] [83.7.120.131] <ronald@...> ->
        > <ronald@...>, Message-ID:
        > <20081130105106.77B106C1F5@...>, Hits: -, 718 ms

        Amavis' sender white-list contains ronald@..., so no content