Re: question on xforward

  • Jan P. Kessler
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 27, 2008
      Victor Duchovni schrieb:
      >>> Is there any good reason why smtpd_tls_received_header does not include
      >>> the ccert_fingerprint when available?
      >>>
      >> Perhaps it is because software does not grow on trees and
      >> actually needs to be created first?

      Hey - no offense, we're in the same business! This was just a serious
      question because I noticed that you (very experienced developers)
      decided not to include that type of information and so I said to me
      "should ask them, if there was a good reason for it that I (less
      experienced developer) am not aware of".

      > This is too much information to include by default. To make the ccert
      > available, the Received header annotations would have to be configurable.
      > I am not sure this is a win.

      I see. Well, postfix has anything I need on board (prepend, policy
      delegation). I definately would prefer a solution without prepending a
      header at data stage but now I am able to implement what I want. Thank
      you for your help.