Re: Alternate SMTP port number in alias file

  • Sahil Tandon
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 2, 2008
      Jim Balo <jimbalo22@...> wrote:

      > > Sahil said "pay close attention to the transport map
      > > syntax".
      > >
      > > joedoe@... smtp:[other.example.net]:2525
      >
      > Sorry - I did not read it properly. I tried again using what I
      > believe is the proper syntax, but the redirect is still not taking
      > effect. I have posted details after signature.
      >
      > ---- /etc/postfix/transport
      > joedoe@... smtp:othersmtpserver.com:2525
      > Note: I also tried with brackets:
      > joedoe@... smtp:[othersmtpserver.com]:2525

      Don't edit or obfuscate file contents; it is prone to typos that
      complicate troubleshooting.

      > ---- postmap -q "joedoe@..." /etc/postfix/transport
      > smtp:[othersmtpserver.com]:2525
      >
      > ---- maillog entries:

      [...]

      > ---- postconf -n

      [...]

      In your postconf output, I did not see any declaration of
      transport_maps. You need something like:

      transport_maps = maptype:/etc/postfix/transport

      where 'maptype' is probably 'hash' in your case, but see postconf(1) and
      postmap(1) for more details.

      --
      Sahil Tandon <sahil@...>
    • Jim Balo
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 2, 2008
        Daniel,

        > Could you please keep your log entries and your postconf -a
        > clean and without any edits. The edits only make it harder
        > to diagnose your issues.

        The logs are santized for security reasons (posting your public IPs and email addresses together with your configuration details is not safe). Hopefully the problem can still be diagnosed.

        JB
      • Jim Balo
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 2, 2008
          Sahil,

          > In your postconf output, I did not see any declaration of
          > transport_maps. You need something like:
          >
          > transport_maps = maptype:/etc/postfix/transport

          That was it! Thanks a bunch!

          JB