Re: adding mailing list to postfix virtual config

  • Gerald V. Livingston II
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2008
      Louis Kowolowski wrote:
      > I've got a postfix server that runs several virtual domains. One of
      these domains wishes to make use of some mailing list software
      (ecartis). Is there a way that I can have these mailing list aliases
      apply to a virtual domain?

      > For example:
      > testing@...
      > where this mail is piped to the list software.

      Add these lines to /usr/local/etc/postfix/aliases

      #Test List
      testing: "|/usr/lib/ecartis/ecartis -s testing"
      testing-request: "|/usr/lib/ecartis/ecartis -r testing"
      testing-repost: "|/usr/lib/ecartis/ecartis -a testing"
      testing-admins: "|/usr/lib/ecartis/ecartis -admins testing"
      testing-moderators: "|/usr/lib/ecartis/ecartis -moderators testing"
      testing-bounce: "|/usr/lib/ecartis/ecartis -bounce testing"

      In your virtual user database set MAILBOX to testing@... and
      ALIAS to testing (which should cause delivery to a LOCAL username of
      testing which would invoke the aliases file).

      Same with the others.

      MAILBOX testing-request@...
      ALIAS testing-request

      then make sure your ecartis global config is using the correct domain
      for all outgoing mail. your best bet with that is to create a separate
      config directory for each virtual domain that may want to use ecartis
      and pass the '-c configfile' switch in the
      /usr/local/etc/postfix/aliases file.

      Don't forget to run newaliases.

      This is covered at

      http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_README.html#mailing_lists