Re: adding mailing list to postfix virtual config

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2008
      Louis Kowolowski wrote:
      > I've got a postfix server that runs several virtual domains. One of
      > these domains wishes to make use of some mailing list software
      > (ecartis). Is there a way that I can have these mailing list aliases
      > apply to a virtual domain?
      >
      > For example:
      > testing@...
      > where this mail is piped to the list software.

      You can use transport_maps. somthing like

      mylist@... listmgr:

      where the listmgr is defined in master.cf:
      listmgr unix - n n - - pipe
      flags=FR user=listmgr
      argv=/path/to/listmgr ${nexthop} ${user}

      Alternatively, you can use virtual_alias_maps to redirect such mail to a
      local account (domain in mydestination) and use alias_maps.

      In either case, it is easier to reserve full domains to lists (such as
      @...).
    • Gerald V. Livingston II
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2008
        Louis Kowolowski wrote:
        > I've got a postfix server that runs several virtual domains. One of
        these domains wishes to make use of some mailing list software
        (ecartis). Is there a way that I can have these mailing list aliases
        apply to a virtual domain?

        > For example:
        > testing@...
        > where this mail is piped to the list software.

        Add these lines to /usr/local/etc/postfix/aliases

        #Test List
        testing: "|/usr/lib/ecartis/ecartis -s testing"
        testing-request: "|/usr/lib/ecartis/ecartis -r testing"
        testing-repost: "|/usr/lib/ecartis/ecartis -a testing"
        testing-admins: "|/usr/lib/ecartis/ecartis -admins testing"
        testing-moderators: "|/usr/lib/ecartis/ecartis -moderators testing"
        testing-bounce: "|/usr/lib/ecartis/ecartis -bounce testing"

        In your virtual user database set MAILBOX to testing@... and
        ALIAS to testing (which should cause delivery to a LOCAL username of
        testing which would invoke the aliases file).

        Same with the others.

        MAILBOX testing-request@...
        ALIAS testing-request

        then make sure your ecartis global config is using the correct domain
        for all outgoing mail. your best bet with that is to create a separate
        config directory for each virtual domain that may want to use ecartis
        and pass the '-c configfile' switch in the
        /usr/local/etc/postfix/aliases file.

        Don't forget to run newaliases.

        This is covered at

        http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_README.html#mailing_lists