adding mailing list to postfix virtual config

  • Louis Kowolowski
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2008
      I've got a postfix server that runs several virtual domains. One of
      these domains wishes to make use of some mailing list software
      (ecartis). Is there a way that I can have these mailing list aliases
      apply to a virtual domain?

      For example:
      testing@...
      where this mail is piped to the list software.

      postconf -n output:

      alias_maps = hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/aliases
      broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
      command_directory = /usr/local/sbin
      config_directory = /usr/local/etc/postfix
      daemon_directory = /usr/local/libexec/postfix
      data_directory = /var/db/postfix
      disable_vrfy_command = yes
      html_directory = no
      mail_owner = postfix
      mailbox_size_limit = 102400000
      mailq_path = /usr/local/bin/mailq
      manpage_directory = /usr/local/man
      mydomain = dom.com
      myhostname = nes.dom.com
      mynetworks = 192.168.132.0/24, 172.16.0.0/12, 127.0.0.0/8
      newaliases_path = /usr/local/bin/newaliases
      proxy_read_maps = $local_recipient_maps $mydestination
      $virtual_alias_maps $virtual_alias_domains $virtual_mailbox_maps
      $virtual_mailbox_domains $relay_recipient_maps $relay_domains
      $canonical_maps $sender_canonical_maps $recipient_canonical_maps
      $relocated_maps $transport_maps $mynetwork$virtual_mailbox_limit_maps
      queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
      readme_directory = no
      relay_domains = proxy:mysql:/usr/local/etc/postfix/
      mysql_relay_domains_maps.cf
      sample_directory = /usr/local/etc/postfix
      sendmail_path = /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
      setgid_group = maildrop
      smtp_destination_concurrency_limit = 100
      smtp_generic_maps = hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/generic
      smtp_helo_timeout = 30s
      smtp_tls_loglevel = 1
      smtp_tls_note_starttls_offer = yes
      smtp_use_tls = yes
      smtpd_client_connection_count_limit = 5
      smtpd_client_connection_rate_limit = 10
      smtpd_error_sleep_time = 0
      smtpd_hard_error_limit = 10
      smtpd_helo_required = yes
      smtpd_recipient_limit = 100000
      reject_unauth_destination, warn_if_reject
      reject_unknown_sender_domain, warn_if_reject reject_unknown_hostname,
      warn_if_reject reject_non_fqdn_hostname, warn_if_reject
      reject_unauth_pipelining, warn_if_reject
      reject_unknown_recipient_domain, warn_if_reject
      reject_non_fqdn_recipient, warn_if_reject reject_unknown_client,
      warn_if_reject reject_invalid_hostname, warn_if_reject
      reject_non_fqdn_sender, permit
      smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
      smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = yes
      smtpd_sasl_local_domain = $myhostname
      smtpd_sasl_path = private/auth
      smtpd_sasl_type = dovecot
      smtpd_soft_error_limit = 5
      smtpd_timeout = 30s
      smtpd_tls_CAfile = /usr/local/etc/postfix/ssl/cacert.pem
      smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes
      smtpd_tls_cert_file = /usr/local/etc/ssl/dom.com.signed.cert.pem
      smtpd_tls_key_file = /usr/local/etc/ssl/dom.com.key.pem
      smtpd_tls_loglevel = 1
      smtpd_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
      smtpd_use_tls = yes
      tls_random_source = dev:/dev/random
      transport_maps = hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/transport
      unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550
      virtual_alias_domains = proxy:mysql:/usr/local/etc/postfix/
      mysql_virtual_alias_domains.cf
      virtual_alias_maps = hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/virtual, proxy:mysql:/
      usr/local/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_alias_maps.cf
      virtual_gid_maps = static:125
      virtual_mailbox_base = /usr/local/virtual
      virtual_mailbox_domains = proxy:mysql:/usr/local/etc/postfix/
      mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
      virtual_mailbox_limit = 51200000
      virtual_mailbox_limit_maps = proxy:mysql:/usr/local/etc/postfix/
      mysql_virtual_mailbox_limit_maps.cf
      virtual_mailbox_limit_override = yes
      virtual_mailbox_maps = proxy:mysql:/usr/local/etc/postfix/
      mysql_virtual_mailbox_maps.cf
      virtual_maildir_limit_message = Sorry, this user has overdrawn their
      diskspace quota. Please try again later.
      virtual_minimum_uid = 125
      virtual_overquota_bounce = yes
      virtual_transport = virtual
      virtual_uid_maps = static:125

      --
      Louis Kowolowski louisk@...
      Cryptomonkeys: http://www.cryptomonkeys.com/~louisk

      Making life more interesting for people since 1977
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2008
        Louis Kowolowski wrote:
        > I've got a postfix server that runs several virtual domains. One of
        > these domains wishes to make use of some mailing list software
        > (ecartis). Is there a way that I can have these mailing list aliases
        > apply to a virtual domain?
        >
        > For example:
        > testing@...
        > where this mail is piped to the list software.

        You can use transport_maps. somthing like

        mylist@... listmgr:

        where the listmgr is defined in master.cf:
        listmgr unix - n n - - pipe
        flags=FR user=listmgr
        argv=/path/to/listmgr ${nexthop} ${user}

        Alternatively, you can use virtual_alias_maps to redirect such mail to a
        local account (domain in mydestination) and use alias_maps.

        In either case, it is easier to reserve full domains to lists (such as
        @...).
      • Gerald V. Livingston II
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2008
          Louis Kowolowski wrote:
          > I've got a postfix server that runs several virtual domains. One of
          these domains wishes to make use of some mailing list software
          (ecartis). Is there a way that I can have these mailing list aliases
          apply to a virtual domain?

          > For example:
          > testing@...
          > where this mail is piped to the list software.

          Add these lines to /usr/local/etc/postfix/aliases

          #Test List
          testing: "|/usr/lib/ecartis/ecartis -s testing"
          testing-request: "|/usr/lib/ecartis/ecartis -r testing"
          testing-repost: "|/usr/lib/ecartis/ecartis -a testing"
          testing-admins: "|/usr/lib/ecartis/ecartis -admins testing"
          testing-moderators: "|/usr/lib/ecartis/ecartis -moderators testing"
          testing-bounce: "|/usr/lib/ecartis/ecartis -bounce testing"

          In your virtual user database set MAILBOX to testing@... and
          ALIAS to testing (which should cause delivery to a LOCAL username of
          testing which would invoke the aliases file).

          Same with the others.

          MAILBOX testing-request@...
          ALIAS testing-request

          then make sure your ecartis global config is using the correct domain
          for all outgoing mail. your best bet with that is to create a separate
          config directory for each virtual domain that may want to use ecartis
          and pass the '-c configfile' switch in the
          /usr/local/etc/postfix/aliases file.

          Don't forget to run newaliases.

          This is covered at

          http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_README.html#mailing_lists