Re: Remote delivery concurrency

  • Stefan Förster
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 30, 2008
      * "Samy Ascha, Xel Media B.V." <samy@...> wrote:
      > I added a [chello.nl -> chello:] mapping to the SQL back-end and a
      > [@... -> @...] virtual mapping to fix the unknown local
      > user (550) error.

      I don't understand exactly. What you need is a transport_maps entry
      (i.e. an entry in one of the maps specified by transport_maps)
      pointing to the newly created transport - I assume that's the first
      part of your statement above.

      I don't know, though, why you went through the trouble of adding a
      virtual user mapping like above: Wildcard mapping like you presented
      it will likely result in a broken recipient validation. Furthermore,
      when relaying a mail to a remote destination, you should never get a
      "550 User unknown" referring to a local destination.

      > After a 'postsuper -r ALL deferred' I still don't see any evidence in
      > the logs of the transport being used. I feel there is a solutino here,
      > but postfix just isn't using it ;)

      If you issue the command "postmap -q chello.nl <map>" (replace "<map>"
      with the actual transport map!), does it say "chello:"?

      At this point, I'm almost about to ask you for output of "postconf -n"
      and the content of any relevant maps involved in the relay attempt and
      the relevant log entries, because I suspect a mis-use of the different
      Postfix address classes (see:
      http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_CLASS_README.html). Please do obfuscate
      any logs you post here as needed to protect your user's privacy.

      Cheers
      Stefan
      --
      Stefan Förster http://www.incertum.net/ Public Key: 0xBBE2A9E9