Re: XFORWARD Vs PDP

  • Gustav Meirinho
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 29, 2008
          Guys, I'm still accepting ideas. :D

      Gustav Meirinho escreveu:
          If it can not be done at the moment, all right (I found a similar request in 2006 - message 209338).

          My real problem is this:

          Many customers use mail groups (virtual_alias_maps). Each destination account can create their own rules for releasing and blocking, which is consulted by the Delegation Protocol. When a person has a blocking rule and e-mail is sent to a group, the message can not be blocked at the moment, only after the delivery of mail by destination. When that happens, the envelope of information are lost, because final assessment is carried out in other instances.

          Any ideas?

      Wietse Venema escreveu:
      Victor Duchovni:

      On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 03:47:08PM -0400, Wietse Venema wrote:

      This thread suggests that each xforward attribute also needs to be
      made available via Milter macros (in smtpd and cleanup), and via
      the policy delegation protocol.

      There seems to be some demand for this, but the OP seems to be asking
      to override XFORWARD with policy actions. A most surprising request...

      I may have missed that amidst the HTML. What I could recognize was
      an example request from the SMTP server with a couple more attributes.

      Using this protocol to modify attributes would indeed be against
      the spirit of the design, and would give too much control to
      untrusted code.