Manipulate RPCT from an specified SENDER.

  • Francisco Ruiz
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2008
      Hi all,

      This is my first message here so please tell me if i'm doing something wrong or perhaps what I'm asking has been already resolved.

      I have two servers running postfix. A just sends mails while B acts as a relay host for it.

      A --> B --> INTERNET

      What i'm looking for is to rewrite the DESTINATION of e-mails send by a given SOURCE. Lets say:

      If server A sends:

      FROM: example@...
      TO: example@...

      Then server B or A should see that if it comes from example@..., no matter which recipients does it have, it should rewrite the TO statement to something@...:

      FROM: example@...
      TO: something@...

      The thing is that the TO is constantly changing so I have to filter mails by FROM and not TO.

      Any clues ?

      Thanks in advance =)

      Regards,

      --
      Francisco Martín Ruiz

      Responsable de Seguridad Informática

      Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores,

      Comercio Internacional y Culto.

      Esmeralda 1212, Piso 3, OF. COINF

      TEL: (54-11)-4819-7651

      E-Mail: rzf@...

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2008
        Francisco Ruiz wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > This is my first message here so please tell me if i'm doing something
        > wrong or perhaps what I'm asking has been already resolved.
        >
        > I have two servers running postfix. *A* just sends mails while *B* acts
        > as a relay host for it.
        >
        > *A --> B --> INTERNET*
        >
        > What i'm looking for is to rewrite the DESTINATION of e-mails send by a
        > given SOURCE. Lets say:
        >
        > If server A sends:
        >
        > FROM: example@...
        > *TO: example@...*
        >
        > Then server B or A should see that if it comes from example@...,
        > no matter which recipients does it have, it should *rewrite the TO
        > statement to something@...*:
        >
        > FROM: example@...
        > *TO: something@...
        >
        > *The thing is that the TO is constantly changing so I have to filter
        > mails by FROM and not TO.
        >

        > Any clues ?

        The REDIRECT action from an access table can direct mail from
        a specified sender address to a fixed recipient address. This
        may or may not do what you need. Note the REDIRECT action
        affects all recipients of a multi-recipient mail.
        http://www.postfix.org/access.5.html

        Maybe it would help if you explain the actual problem you are
        trying to solve.

        --
        Noel Jones
      • Francisco Ruiz
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2008
          Noel,

          Thanks in advance. A few seconds after sending the prior mail, i found that info =).

          So what i did was:

          in main.cf: smtpd_sender_restrictions = check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/access

          in /etc/postfix/access:

          source@ REDIRECT destination

          Then postmap /etc/postfix/access to generate the .db.

          Restart postfix and that was all I needed =)

          THANKS AGAIN !

          Regards,