When is the "received for" Header inserted

  • ram
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30 3:53 AM
      I would like to hide the recipient (alias) address in the header of the
      mail. Unfortunately the header on the mail contains "received from XXXX
      for ... <alias-id> "

      How can I configure postfix not to insert this header

      Thanks
      Ram
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 30 7:48 AM
        ram wrote:
        > I would like to hide the recipient (alias) address in the header of the
        > mail. Unfortunately the header on the mail contains "received from XXXX
        > for ... <alias-id> "

        why?

        > How can I configure postfix not to insert this header

        you can rewrite the header with header_checks and REPLACE.
      • ram
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 30 7:57 AM
          On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 16:48 +0200, mouss wrote:
          > ram wrote:
          > > I would like to hide the recipient (alias) address in the header of the
          > > mail. Unfortunately the header on the mail contains "received from XXXX
          > > for ... <alias-id> "
          > >

          > why?

          Because our client does not want his end users to see which alias they
          belong to

          > > How can I configure postfix not to insert this header
          >
          > you can rewrite the header with header_checks and REPLACE.

          I had thought header_checks get evaluated when the mail is coming in. I
          will try this anyway
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 30 8:12 AM
            ram wrote:
            > On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 16:48 +0200, mouss wrote:
            >> ram wrote:
            >>> I would like to hide the recipient (alias) address in the header of the
            >>> mail. Unfortunately the header on the mail contains "received from XXXX
            >>> for ... <alias-id> "
            >>>
            >> why?
            >
            > Because our client does not want his end users to see which alias they
            > belong to
            >

            >>> How can I configure postfix not to insert this header
            >> you can rewrite the header with header_checks and REPLACE.
            >
            > I had thought header_checks get evaluated when the mail is coming in.

            The Received header is also added when "mail is coming in".

            > will try this anyway

          • Eddy Beliveau
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 30 9:16 AM
              Hi!

              You can add the following single line to your header_check_file:
              /^(Received:.*for.<).*(@...>.*)$/ REPLACE {1}hidden${2}

              /etc/postfix/main.cf must contains:

              Check that /etc/postfix/master.cf does not contains, for your services:
              -o receive_override_options=no_header_body_checks

              Restart postfix, it should works
              Eddy

              --
              Eddy Beliveau