Re: Relay when user is unknown

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 25, 2008
      Blaise Hurtlin wrote:
      > May I should explain a bit more what i want to do..
      >
      > I'm migrating my mail system from an old, buggy, Groupwise system to
      > Postfix. The migration will take several month as I can't migrate all
      > users at the same time.
      > I want the following behaviour: all migrated users use the Postfix to
      > send mails. On Postfix, if the user does not exist (ie, the mailbox is
      > still on the Groupwise system), so i want to configure Postif to send
      > the mail to Groupwise if he does not know the user.

      - define the domain as a relay domain (put it in relay_domains, not
      elsewehere)

      - if you can, dump the list of valid recipients and use it to populate
      relay_recipient_maps

      - if you can't, use reject_unverified_recipient at the end of your smtpd
      restrictions. This assumes that tour groupwie validates recipients.

      - in any case, start gathering the list of valid recipients.