Re: Migration Advice - how to defer to hold queue

    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 24 4:42 PM
      On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 06:53:51PM -0400, Sahil Tandon wrote:

      > > Note, Postfix has no "defer" transport, but Postfix 2.4 and later has a
      > > "retry" transport that defers all mail. Do NOT confuse the "defer"
      > > service in master.cf (using to update defer logs) with a delivery agent
      > > (aka transport).
      >
      > Perhaps the OP could just create a hold transport and use
      > "defer_transports = hold" in main.cf.

      Yes, this largely works, and works even better if there is no actual
      "hold transport" in master.cf. That way, even the queue is flushed,
      the transport is throttled rapidly, and mail is deferred. In 2.4 and
      later this uses the "retry" transport, so using "retry" directly is
      perhaps better.

      example.com retry:4.0.0 Mail to example.com temporarily suspended

      (pick a suitable 4.X.Y code from RFC 3463).