Re: Warning postsuper

  • Eduardo Júnior
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2008

      Hi,

      On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt@...> wrote:
      * Eduardo Júnior <ihtraum18@...>:
      > Hi,
      >

      > my e-mail queue is growing and output of command mailq keeps growing.
      Find out why.

      I think the problem is the following output the log:

      Sep  1 11:14:01 server postfix/smtpd[27522]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail.sender[200.17.147.5]: 450 4.7.1
       <recipientlocal@myVirtualDomain>: Recipient address rejected: Greylisted, see http://isg.ee.ethz.ch/tools/postgrey/help/myVirtualDomain.html;
       from=<user@sender> to=<recipientlocal@myVirtualDomain> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail.sender>

      But for this example, the message was not delivered immediately and was generated log.
      But for another sender, this message was delivered without the log.

      But after a few minutes, the message that triggered this message of log arrived!

      Read [1] is sufficent?

      > When requeue messages from a domain with:

      Why do you requeue the messages - this is not going to make things
      faster!

      thanks, I thought that with this delivery was faster
      mere deception.

      [1] - http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_CLASS_README.html

      []´s

      --
      Eduardo Júnior
      GNU/Linux user #423272

      :wq
    • Eduardo Júnior
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 9, 2008

        Hi,

        * Eduardo Júnior <ihtraum18@...>:
        > Hi,
        >

        > my e-mail queue is growing and output of command mailq keeps growing.
        Find out why.

        I think the problem is the following output the log:

        Sep  1 11:14:01 server postfix/smtpd[27522]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail.sender[200.17.147.5]: 450 4.7.1
         <recipientlocal@myVirtualDomain>: Recipient address rejected: Greylisted, see http://isg.ee.ethz.ch/tools/postgrey/help/myVirtualDomain.html;
         from=<user@sender> to=<recipientlocal@myVirtualDomain> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail.sender>

        But for this example, the message was not delivered immediately and was generated log.
        But for another sender, this message was delivered without the log.

        But after a few minutes, the message that triggered this message of log arrived!

        Read [1] is sufficent?

        > When requeue messages from a domain with:

        Why do you requeue the messages - this is not going to make things
        faster!

        thanks, I thought that with this delivery was faster
        mere deception.

        [1] - http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_CLASS_README.html

        The problem was in the configs of postgrey.
        So, the delivery of the messages delayed.

        Read about postgrey + postfix in the postfix´s documentation and ajusted the problem.

        thanks.

        --
        Eduardo Júnior
        GNU/Linux user #423272

        :wq
      • Eduardo Júnior
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 11, 2008

          Hi,

          The problem was in the configs of postgrey.
          So, the delivery of the messages delayed.

          Read about postgrey + postfix in the postfix´s documentation and ajusted the problem.

          thanks.

          Actually, the warning of the postsuper was not caused by postgrey. But by:

          1 - mailq | grep domain> / tmp / msgDomain
          2 - for i in `/ tmp / msgDomain '; the postsuper-r $ i; done

          In 1, should be:

          mailq | grep domain | cut -d" " -f1 > /tmp/msgDomain

          catching only ID the messages.

          The delay of delivery was being caused by configs wrongs of postgrey.

          [ ]´s

          --
          Eduardo Júnior
          GNU/Linux user #423272