Re: anvil logging

  • Francisco Reyes
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2008
      Mark Watts writes:

      > My "problem" can be solved by grep, but since anvil's statistics are of no
      > immediate use to me, I see little point in filling my logs with them.

      Perhaps you could take a look at syslog-ng. I believe it is able to filter
      out lines based on expressions. Or pretty much any syslog with that
      capability.. I am only aware of syslog-ng, but others may do it too.
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2008
        Mark Watts wrote:

        > My "problem" can be solved by grep, but since anvil's statistics are of no
        > immediate use to me, I see little point in filling my logs with them.

        These are not your logs. These are system logs. are you "System"? :)

        you can have your log rotation program to remove what you don't want to
        keep. or as suggested by Francisco, you could use syslog-ng.

        Logs may be useless when everything is as you want. but you regret their
        absence when troubleshooting...