Re: Warning postsuper

  • Ralf Hildebrandt
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2008
      * Eduardo Júnior <ihtraum18@...>:
      > Hi,
      >

      > my e-mail queue is growing and output of command mailq keeps growing.
      Find out why.

      > When requeue messages from a domain with:

      Why do you requeue the messages - this is not going to make things
      faster!

      > mailq | grep domain > /tmp/msgDomain
      > for i in `/tmp/msgDomain '; the postsuper-r $ i; done
      >
      > and the following message I returned:
      > postsuper: warning: invalid mail queue id: 07:47:00
      >

      > any sugestions?

      Don't requeue the mails, solve the problem instead.

      --
      Ralf Hildebrandt (Ralf.Hildebrandt@...) snickebo@...
      http://www.arschkrebs.de I'm looking for a job
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2008

        Hi,

        On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt@...> wrote:
        * Eduardo Júnior <ihtraum18@...>:
        > Hi,
        >

        > my e-mail queue is growing and output of command mailq keeps growing.
        Find out why.

        I think the problem is the following output the log:

        Sep  1 11:14:01 server postfix/smtpd[27522]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail.sender[200.17.147.5]: 450 4.7.1
         <recipientlocal@myVirtualDomain>: Recipient address rejected: Greylisted, see http://isg.ee.ethz.ch/tools/postgrey/help/myVirtualDomain.html;
         from=<user@sender> to=<recipientlocal@myVirtualDomain> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail.sender>

        But for this example, the message was not delivered immediately and was generated log.
        But for another sender, this message was delivered without the log.

        But after a few minutes, the message that triggered this message of log arrived!

        Read [1] is sufficent?

        > When requeue messages from a domain with:

        Why do you requeue the messages - this is not going to make things
        faster!

        thanks, I thought that with this delivery was faster
        mere deception.

        [1] - http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_CLASS_README.html

        []´s

        --
        Eduardo Júnior
        GNU/Linux user #423272

        :wq
      • Eduardo Júnior
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 9, 2008

          Hi,

          * Eduardo Júnior <ihtraum18@...>:
          > Hi,
          >

          > my e-mail queue is growing and output of command mailq keeps growing.
          Find out why.

          I think the problem is the following output the log:

          Sep  1 11:14:01 server postfix/smtpd[27522]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail.sender[200.17.147.5]: 450 4.7.1
           <recipientlocal@myVirtualDomain>: Recipient address rejected: Greylisted, see http://isg.ee.ethz.ch/tools/postgrey/help/myVirtualDomain.html;
           from=<user@sender> to=<recipientlocal@myVirtualDomain> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail.sender>

          But for this example, the message was not delivered immediately and was generated log.
          But for another sender, this message was delivered without the log.

          But after a few minutes, the message that triggered this message of log arrived!

          Read [1] is sufficent?

          > When requeue messages from a domain with:

          Why do you requeue the messages - this is not going to make things
          faster!

          thanks, I thought that with this delivery was faster
          mere deception.

          [1] - http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_CLASS_README.html

          The problem was in the configs of postgrey.
          So, the delivery of the messages delayed.

          Read about postgrey + postfix in the postfix´s documentation and ajusted the problem.

          thanks.

          --
          Eduardo Júnior
          GNU/Linux user #423272

          :wq
        • Eduardo Júnior
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 11, 2008

            Hi,

            The problem was in the configs of postgrey.
            So, the delivery of the messages delayed.

            Read about postgrey + postfix in the postfix´s documentation and ajusted the problem.

            thanks.

            Actually, the warning of the postsuper was not caused by postgrey. But by:

            1 - mailq | grep domain> / tmp / msgDomain
            2 - for i in `/ tmp / msgDomain '; the postsuper-r $ i; done

            In 1, should be:

            mailq | grep domain | cut -d" " -f1 > /tmp/msgDomain

            catching only ID the messages.

            The delay of delivery was being caused by configs wrongs of postgrey.

            [ ]´s

            --
            Eduardo Júnior
            GNU/Linux user #423272